PDA

View Full Version : PPL Training

shocks85
4th Jun 2008, 19:13
This may seem like a stupid question but I've just recieved my CAA PPL study pack, PPL books 1-5. Do all 5 books have to be studied and learned to the letter for the PPL exams?? Any advice welcome??

Nibbler
4th Jun 2008, 20:04
depends if you are a gambler...

you need 75% or better for each exam but then over the 7 exams not all have the same number of questions, so in some exams you only need to get 5 wrong and your toast.

Consider this - the CAA set 1 or 2 questions in each exam where even the question deserves a mark if you understood what it was asking.

Now think about your ability if you just pass every exam - would you be happy knowing you lack a 1/4 - 25% of what you should know?

I'd advise you take your time, listen to your instructor, take the exams when you are ready and always aim for 100%.

Good Luck! :ok:

Nashers
4th Jun 2008, 21:23
you do not have to learn the books word for word. but if you read through it and UNDERSTAND what you are reading it will all start coming together.

there is no point learning anything parrot fassion without having a clue whats goin on when your flying along and the sh!t hits the fan.

what i did was read through the books once and made sure i understood what i was reading. i then sat myself mok exams through the confuser. any mistakes i made i re read that bit of the book and tried again. once i was getting a minimum of 90% i went and sat the real thing.

if you are planning to go down the ATPL rout i suggest that you dont just learn the questions but learn the subject as it will make your life alot easier.