PDA

View Full Version : Cost of CPL(H) at Integrated(ITNS) in Ipoh, Malaysia?

Garfs
4th Jun 2008, 03:52
Does anyone have details and know how much is costs for the above?

I am looking to get prices for the whole course (ie 50 hours FW and 100 hours R44), and also how much it would be if you went already holding a PPL(A) (so just the 100 hours on the R44 and ground school,study materials,accom etc)

Am after full package price, ie inc ground school, books, accomodation etc, and also next intake dates if possible?

Before people tell me to contact the school, I have tried oh so many times. A few phone calls every week for 10 weeks, emails to most of the instructors/staff, and nobody seems inetrested, or can ever tell me, or ever gets back to me as promised. A search on other forums has only led to me finding FW package costs

They even gave me a direct contact number for "someone at the school who knows", but that person kind of seemed to have better things to do than tell me about courses offered and prices etc. This is the only approved school in the country for RW training, so I dont have any choice in the matter :ugh:

So I thought I'd try here? Hopefully someone has the info I am after

Thanks in advance

Garfs:)

Gordy
4th Jun 2008, 04:13
"A few phone calls every week for 10 weeks, emails to most of the instructors/staff, and nobody seems inetrested, or can ever tell me, or ever gets back to me as promised."

Yep, lets all go to this school :rolleyes: I'm kinda thinking you have the anser you were looking for--but if not--I have a bridge for sale..

Garfs
4th Jun 2008, 04:43
I'm kinda thinking you have the anser you were looking for

If you are referring to when I ring them, well then no. They always just say, someone will ring you back today or tomorrow with the details. 10 weeks on.........

Gordy
4th Jun 2008, 05:35
Actually I am referring to the whole thing--WHY would you EVEN consider going there if they cannot respond to your calls.. Is it just me--or do you really just not get it???

Whirlygig
4th Jun 2008, 06:20
On this, and another thread, you have outlined what I can only describe as appalling service. This/these place(s) are not worth your custom.

You always have choices. I have no idea about the licencing requirements in Malaysia but .... what do you plan to do with your CPL(H) once you have it? In which countries are you entitled to work? Sounds to me that if you are considering integrated anyway (talk of accommodation etc?), you could easily go abroad - would an FAA licence suit you better?

If you are thinking of only working in Malaysia when you've qualified, are you sure there's enough work there for you to find a job? If there are plenty of opportunities, then I'd have thought there would have been more flight schools!

Cheers

Whirls

Garfs
4th Jun 2008, 07:13
Well, its the only RW school in Malaysia, so it doesnt leave me much choice. AFAIK there havebeen other people who tried to set up schools, but getting approval from the Dept of Civil Aviation is not that easy I have been told

Even if I got an FAA, JAA, CASA etc license, I would still need to do a conversion course at that very same school unless I have 500 hours P1(recently up from 400 I have been told?)

I do ideally intend to try and find a job in Malaysia hopefully, as I have other interests which are keeping me here at the moment. Things dont often go how you want tho I know, but if I dont try I dont know

Garfs
4th Jun 2008, 07:18
Actually I am referring to the whole thing--WHY would you EVEN consider going there if they cannot respond to your calls.. Is it just me--or do you really just not get it???

As per my first post, its the only approved school for RW training in the country, so I dont really have a choice in the matter :ugh:

Foreign license conversions are done there as well, unless you have 400-500 hours P1. If you have the reqd hours then I think all you need is to pass some exams

Whirlygig
4th Jun 2008, 11:25
If you've already made the decision (and it sounds as if you have) based on your choices (ie want to live and work in Malaysia), then you may have to go and visit the school (which I would recommend you do anyway before enrolling with them). Most flying schools change their prices regularly so you may not get up to date information here.

But you do need to consider how much work is available in Malaysia with your Malaysian licence and whether any other licences are acceptable and how easy it is to convert to another country's licence if you decide to work elsewhere in the world.

Cheers

Whirls