PDA

View Full Version : London Met entry exam

fanda78
3rd Jun 2008, 18:04
Hi all,
just received London MET entry exam that contains 100 fairly simple questions, however one made mi think:

Given that, in general, top of the surface of the wing is responsible for the creation of most of the lift, what type of aerofoil would given the greatest lift characteristic? :confused:

a) low wing
b) mid wing
c) high wing
d) low or mid wing

taking in account first part of the question I would say C
(centre part of the wing aboufe fuselage is not disturbed by fuselage itself, therefore increasing top surface.
Also most VSTOL AC are high wing (Piper Cub, Maule, Twin Otter)

What do you think?

cheers FrankO

Go Smoke
3rd Jun 2008, 18:15
You're on the money there mate.

slip and turn
3rd Jun 2008, 18:17
The real question is what do you think, FrankO?

There will be plenty of opportunity for swapping questions and answers once you start the course. Don't embarass yourself further by expecting an easy ride for answers to such elementary questions here.

Either you have the brain to work out your reasons for a sensible answer to that question, or you don't actually have one that should be perched up front of 200 peeps pulling the levers for their benefit :\ You decide ;)

Having said that, your reasons sound fairly good to me, a non-pilot :p

fanda78
3rd Jun 2008, 18:30
slip and turn to answer your question, I think that this is right place to ask such a question...
thanks for reply anyway.

suraci
3rd Jun 2008, 20:39
Are you sure that you've quoted the question and answers fully and correctly?

john.o.pilot
3rd Jun 2008, 21:21
high wing :ok:

fanda78
4th Jun 2008, 06:15
Thanks john.o.pilot!!! :D
suraci: positive - word by word

Spit-Fire
28th Jun 2008, 17:56
Had a similar discussion on the question on the same paper 3 years ago. Asked 2 instructors and a Capt for large airline and not one of them got the answer right.

virginpilot1087
29th Jun 2008, 14:42
Of course they got it wrong, your supposed to forget all that stuff once you pass you know! hehe.

how many people a year down the line could get more than 65% in any of the ATPL exams? I think not many.

Spit-Fire
29th Jun 2008, 14:52
Very true indeed Virgin!