PDA

View Full Version : CATS FI(R) rating?

BounceBounceLand
3rd Jun 2008, 16:42
Just found that Cranfield Aviation Training School (CATS) offer the FI(R) at only £4999.... anyone been through them for this?

Thanks

BBL

BounceBounceLand
4th Jun 2008, 10:26
or has anyone done any flight training with them???

MIKECR
4th Jun 2008, 10:40
seems reasonably cheap compared to most i've seen(in the UK). Whats the hidden costs?

BounceBounceLand
4th Jun 2008, 15:41
Thats what i'm trying to figure out - I've already learnt the hard way that cheaper is usually not better, and most of the time ends up costing a hell of a lot more! I may be over cautious, an email from them said it covers all flights and groundschool.

Anyone???

moona
4th Jun 2008, 18:47
I dont think very many people / any will have done this course with CATS yet. When I was there a few months ago (ground school) Stuart had only just been authorized to teach it.

Greg2041
4th Jun 2008, 21:55
Don't be fooled by the price. CATS is a serious contender with the big boys. To date I haven't read anything negative about any of their courses, unlike most of, if not all of the other providers. I have signed up for their PPL/ATPL programme and so far so good!

Greg

sion22
15th Jun 2008, 10:17
CATS have a very good reputation.
The FI course is run by Bob Moore not Stuart, but he is behind all the workings of it though and as another poster wrote too, he is in the stages of becoming FI instructor too.
I just get the feeling it's probably better if you did the ATPLs with them first though as the schooling seems to start from day one.

The £4999 price sounds right for the C150s that they do it in