PDA

View Full Version : Pilots and Metro liners

fix it
3rd Jun 2008, 12:53
Hello All,
I have the opportunity to buy a metro liner and lease it to a company in Spain, my question is are there many type rated Spanish pilots around who are looking for employment, as I am responsible for supplying the crew, cargo ops and medi-vac. At this stage it is just ground work before I buy the aircraft.

Happy landings
F.I

CRASH TEST
4th Jun 2008, 08:19
Hello fix it,

Believe me when i say you will not have problems finding metro rated pilots in Spain. Only in Valencia, AERONOVA not only operates Metroliners themselves but also offers TR and time building on metros.Upon completion, some of these pilots end up joining the company but this is not always the case.Sometimes, this Aeronova´s type rated pilots have to wait a looong time until being able to join or even complete their time building

Good Luck to whatever you decide to do at the end :ok:

If you want to check if there are many metroliners type rated pilots, you can always post at www.extracrew.com (http://www.extracrew.com) and find our for yourself

fix it
4th Jun 2008, 18:31
Hello All,
I was given the impression that the Metro is a fairly common aircraft in Spain, but there does not seem to be anyone on this forum who would be interested in flying one very surprised.

Rgds
F.I

ppppilot
4th Jun 2008, 20:16
Many moons ago I flew the Metro II, Metro III and Merlin IV for 1 and / year. I was based in Madrid with Swiftair :cool:

pablo
4th Jun 2008, 20:55
FixIt

I suggest you drop a msg at www.pilotosdeiberia.com forum, or either extracrew. Maybe you're luckier.
For sure there should be a heap of Metro pilots around Spain, but probably a lot of them are not willing to come back to that kind of operation.

Regards / Pablo

berax
5th Jun 2008, 10:32
Hi there mate!

The thing is in Spain there´re some metroliner rated pilots, but the trouble is the most of them are first officers and it is really hard to find captains. Aeronova, flightline, etc, they´ve got problems trying to find metroliner captains and that´s the problem you gonna have.

Best regards

fix it
6th Jun 2008, 14:30
Hello,
Thanks for your replies, I think we are going to go ahead with the purchase of these aircraft, I guess its time to start looking for crew, does anyone have web sites for recruiting spanish based crew or crew willing to relocate to spain.

Regards
F.I

ppppilot
6th Jun 2008, 14:46
Try http://www.sepla.es