PDA

View Full Version : gen nav and met mnemonics?

acuba 290
2nd Jun 2008, 21:49
can anybody offer some from own exam experience? any advice will be helpful ;)

Zyox
2nd Jun 2008, 22:18
Don't get bogged down in Gen Nav with all the material. Just do lots and lots of samples (convergence, departure, PNR + CP, and get lots of practice in on the whizz wheel). I used the Oxford books, hence I got bogged down!, but using them for the examples for whizz wheel and dep/converge was well handy, re-inforced by sitting through all bristol had to offer. Leave lots of time for Bristol questions, as this really is the key to Gen Nav especially.
Also found for Gen Nav; doing instruments beforehand is really helpful for the little tidbits they throw in. Saves on the workload.

Met I did way back in Octobers so I can't really remember now, apart from it's the one I read the book for the most. Memorise the little idioms associated with pressure and windflow in north/south for example, as well as the dozens of others, and just read it until it all sticks. I managed to survive without learning pretty much any of the final chapters to do with climates and stuff, too much stupid detail, but it did come up! Maybe a quick skim if you're caught short on time. But just to re-itterate that yeah, you will have to read for this one. It's easily the only exam I read nearly the entire book for. I really wanted to pass it though.

Whirlygig
3rd Jun 2008, 11:44
The most important one, valid across all subjects, is RTFQ! :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Another TD
3rd Jun 2008, 12:47
RTFQ
Read the Full question.....I selected the wrong answer for that very reason using an online question bank this morning!