PDA

View Full Version : Apache emergency landing

B.U.D.G.I.E
1st Jun 2008, 21:03
Rumor has it than an Apache had to make an emergency landing at Cosford air show today following a pan call

Any one know why????

ShyTorque
1st Jun 2008, 21:39
Injun failure?

Cpt_Pugwash
1st Jun 2008, 22:06
Another site has it as an APU fire.

Whirlygig
1st Jun 2008, 22:20
Maybe it hit a crow? :}

Cheers

Whirls

Hope all is well!

Arm out the window
2nd Jun 2008, 03:00
Hope they weren't acting like cowboys.

hbscouse
2nd Jun 2008, 21:23
I was at the Cosford show, the Apache was supposed to be doing a two handed display with a Lynx, they both left the airfield and the next we heared was that the Apache had landed in a nearby farm field suffering from a suspected APU fire.

The Lynx returned and carried out it's part of the display!.

The Apache snuck back in and was last seen with a man in a red overall poking around in it's innards while the local RAC and AA patrols in the public car parks watched in anticipation.

LordGrumpy
2nd Jun 2008, 21:29
So thats a Redskin Man working on a smoking peace of pipe. What SQUAWk was transmitted?

Whirlygig
2nd Jun 2008, 21:41
The Apache snuck back in

That was one of their skills!

Cheers

Whirls

hbscouse
2nd Jun 2008, 22:07
Here is a link to a short video of the poor thing with the man in red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydZeIOo8Qg

ShyTorque
2nd Jun 2008, 22:36
Red man in an overall? It might have been a lady in disguise (shy Anne).

Whirlygig
2nd Jun 2008, 23:05
Any relation ShyT?

At least it wasn't the Maine rotor.

Cheers

Whirls

Freewheel
2nd Jun 2008, 23:10
Why oh why didn't they cover it with a Teepee?

I can see the operator circling the wagons already.....

SASless
3rd Jun 2008, 00:27
This is one situation where the Indian's don't want the Caavarly to show up just in the nick of time.

Lord Mount
3rd Jun 2008, 00:52
I've always had my reservations about that aircraft.

LM

Arm out the window
3rd Jun 2008, 04:59
I'm sure the crew were very brave, and their chief concern was safety.
The APU might be up the creek, though. An 'arrowing experience for all.

Whirlygig
3rd Jun 2008, 11:40
Bit like the Stealth Bomber; airshow spectators marvel at the display and are incredulous that the aircraft just can't be seen or heard!!!

Cheers

Whirls

meloz
3rd Jun 2008, 12:34
HOW could this possibly happen?

212man
3rd Jun 2008, 14:48
S-92 operators take note - and your reason for starting the APU before landing is what, exactly................:ugh:

(Sorry, couldn't think of an amusing American Native joke, but enjoyed those above!)

212man
3rd Jun 2008, 15:34
HOW
Sid,
I think he was making an amusing reference to an '80s TV programme that in turn made reference to a Native American expression (supposedly.) But I'm sure you knew that....;)

Non-PC Plod
3rd Jun 2008, 18:43
Paleface speak with forked tongue! Smoke signal from heap big APU say wigwam prices go up this year!:}

SASless
3rd Jun 2008, 19:30
I heard Fair Whirls had Indian Underwear.....it kept creeping up on her!:E

Whirlygig
3rd Jun 2008, 22:59
Just waiting for a pipe smoking bearded bloke in a red boiler suit

Speak Silsoe, and the devil shalt appear. In the post under yours!! :}

This is obviously Sassy's feeble attempt at saying, get Yuroks off! ;) :=

Cheers

Whirls

Dan D'air
5th Jun 2008, 21:39
Whirls, you still around??? Thought that you were going CPL on us. (Can't wait to get Huron me Chopper)

Whirlygig
5th Jun 2008, 22:15
Still here Dan but suffrin' with an ole war wound; my pawnee. As for ... cheeky boy - Nottoway!!

Cheers

Whirls

Oldlae
5th Jun 2008, 22:31
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, surely we can find out what happened without all the childish comments. The Apache name does not magically endow the aircraft with any attributes of native north americans. At least, I hope not.

Arm out the window
5th Jun 2008, 23:11
What would it take to magically endow you with a sense of humour?
Puns may not be the funniest kind of joke in the world, but there's no malice in them.
If it had been a Squirrel that had the problem, there would've probably been pages of stuff about the pilot being nuts.

Dan D'air
5th Jun 2008, 23:13
Oldlae, All US Military helicopters are named after red indian tribes. The accident was, of course, awful but luckily the pilot escaped without serious injury. The puns are well, because we can. Eh ShyT??

If it had been a Squirrel that had the problem, there would've probably been pages of stuff about the pilot being nuts.

Nuts?? Jesus. (Sorry, but this is Rotorheads!!)

Whirlygig
5th Jun 2008, 23:14
Well, we did find out what happened in the first few posts; after that? It's banter, that's all!

After one poster suggested that the the Apache "snuck" back, a trait with which many Red Indians are blessed, the rest invites the pun fest!

Cheers

Whirls

Freewheel
5th Jun 2008, 23:41
Osage words Whirls, c'mon Oldlae, join in the fun.

Are you sure we can't talk you Inuit?

You'll get no satisfaction here otherwise, unless you're already off to kickapoo.

Dan D'air
5th Jun 2008, 23:45
Osage words Whirls, c'mon Oldlae, join in the fun.

Freewheel, I couldn't agree more. Absaalookee in fact.

Arm out the window
6th Jun 2008, 01:35
There are those that don't like the pun, and may mocc - a sin, you might think, but they are free to paddle their own canoes, as it were.
If they don't want to join in, it's no (cay)-use trying to make them.

Dan D'air
6th Jun 2008, 02:15
Oh please, this is getting silly now. You lot need to Mohave.

Jim Dean
6th Jun 2008, 03:15
I suppose the next thing is that Oldlae (sounds a bit indian to me!) will be Sioux'ing for the upset he's received at the poor attempts at Houma.

Arm out the window
6th Jun 2008, 03:25
Well, let's hope that any test flying that's required after this controversial incident is done by a properly qualified tee pee.

Heli-phile
6th Jun 2008, 05:32
Injun failure!!!!!!
Fast, simple and effective. nice one:ok:
All the others are great as well, in there own way the humerless ones are just as funny,:ugh: