PDA

View Full Version : Air Macau financial and operational status

BUSTRASH
1st Jun 2008, 14:31
Does anybody know whats the status on Air Macau with the new cross straits flights opening.
Is are Macau up for sale,liquidation,reorganization.
Is the company in need of operationing cash.
Are routes being sold to competitors
Is are Macau being bled in order to open up Maxjet.
If Air Macau is being sold, is there a potential buyer.
Any info only on a serious note. There is no info given to us
so this isn for all off us to be updated and informed.
Regards

alvega
1st Jun 2008, 19:20
BUSTRASH

I think you've come to the wrong place for this kind of information. All you will read here as a reply will be two kinds of rumours and nothing but. Those coming from misinformed and pathetic people who think they know all and those coming from people with a pathetic agenda of deliberate misinformation. After all your posts and those from all the others, it is about time you learned what kind of garbage comes out in this forum most of the time.
A good bit of advice though, see what you read as a comic way to kill your free time if you can't find anything better to do with it.

Regards

squidward
5th Jun 2008, 05:22
I hear that the last batch of guys who passed the screening a couple of months ago still haven't got a start date.

hmmmmmmmm...................

hailer
5th Jun 2008, 11:52
One can only marvel at the extraordinary management skill that permits a carrier to totter on the edge of failure when:

[LIST]
It operates in a jurisdiction where the GDP growth is the highest in the region - itself the highest growing region in the world
Where the local businesses depend for their life blood on people being imported into Macau
Where the Government totally supports the "flag carrier" and the local regulatory Authority is in its pocket
Where the granting of routes is a gift from heaven because of the sub concession system
Where there there is no internal competition - if you were management you could not invent such hopeless cases as Viva and Macau Express (if they even exist still)

Now that takes original thought! This cock up will be a business school study at Embrey Riddle in the years to come! Is there another airline anywhere that is so badly run that the fuel price hike only has a peripheral effect because they have so many other inadequacies???

Lies, broken promises, doubts about safety, racism, xenophobia, fights in the cockpit, arcane politics and life in cloud cuckoo land! this one has it all - what a case for proper accountability!

The various Macau threads have been a source of great amusement and interest over the past few years, but that must be cold comfort for the many good people who want it to succeed.

Just_Du_It
9th Jun 2008, 03:43
The money runs out at some point in less than 10 weeks. Recent small bank loan extends current life for just 2 weeks, given current burn rate over USD2m/week. Given fuel is under prepayment, watch for flights being grounded in July. And it wont be due to cross straits. I cant give you more details to protect the innocent. The silence from the management is deafening though.

The CEO can then leave. Who comes next is a mystery. Buyers do exist, but have to be approved by CNAC and STDM and government - which makes life very complicated.

I cannot believe Beijing or the local govenment will allow the airline to stay grounded ahead of the Olympics, or possibly at all.

ps watch out for x-straits announcement this Friday.... it could say limited number of flights to start July 4th on Fri-Mon basis. So why bother flying any other time. Key will be number of flights allowed by both sides. At least cargo has been taken off the agenda now.

pps Hailer, you forgot "gross financial mismanagement". Who are the "advisors to the CEO"? What are the "special payments"? How come the relationship with the head of the AACM is so close? Why did the CEO personally negotiate the MAX aircraft with lessors and not take the best deal? I think you get my drift.....