TheGorrilla
1st Jun 2008, 00:42
How much do you pay for a litre of Avgas at your local airfield? :{

Charles Sierra
1st Jun 2008, 04:10
I can't afford the diesel to drive there to find out I am afraid :rolleyes:

Rod1
1st Jun 2008, 08:33
Avgas? You are STILL using Avgas. Very bad for the environment you know…

Rod1
:E

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 13:58
Avgas? You are STILL using Avgas. Very bad for the environment you know…

Rod1

As much as you know I like the permit scene. I also think that gleefully gloating over the cost of avgas does GA as a whole does little favour.

Not everyone wants to be into pigeon holed DAY/VFR aircraft operating from farm strips on limited licenses. The loss of the flexibility that GA holds to many will be a loss to GA as a whole. Without the support of everyone in GA your happy little existence running on Mogas from a strip will be short lived.

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 14:21
ABZ just short of £1.78 a litre!!!:eek:

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 14:24
er where is ABZ? How about a real name or at least an ICAO if you are congenitally lazy or want anybody to actually be interested on your offering?

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 14:47
Its Aberdeen you halfwit!

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 14:55
Why would not knowing ABZ was Aberdeen make me a half wit?

Is there a need for me to learn travel agents code for airports?

There was me thinking it meant A Big Zit......

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 14:59
Because your snotty comments - (congenitally lazy or want anybody to actually be interested on your offering?) deserved an equally snotty reply. Thats why your a halfwit.

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 15:05
Oh I see. It was just a chance for you to strike back after feeling angered about the lazy comment. Understood.

Might be worth remembering that only the chavtastic classes are interested in IATA codes for their next cheap holiday to the cost del beer. Real pilots at least have the decency to use the real name or an ICAO code.

Thanks for your input though.

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 15:15
I'll need to remind all my friends up this then way not to refer to Aberdeen as ABZ or Edinburgh as EDI,or perhaps Dundee as DND, despite the fact thats how we all refer to them as. The CAA will have all their ATPL's off them for being naughty and not being 'real' pilots!

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 15:33
I am sure you and now it seems all of your 'friends' feel big and clever using IATA codes for airports whereas the rest of us feeble beings need to have the names or at least the ICAO codes.

My hat goes off to you for being the bigger and better man. In fact I feel so humbled that I am going to go and learn all of the travel agent codes for airports just so I can communicate with you on the same intellectual level. I look forward to being considered a real pilot by being able to use IATA codes. You have forever enrichened my existence.

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 15:41
You started the personal insults Bose, not me. You deserved the replies however. You had a snide comment at Rod1(the guy was only cracking a joke), then you made a good old snide comment at me. Once again, congratulations on degenerating a perfectly good thread(or certainly could have been) into a cheap slagging match.

PompeyPaul
1st Jun 2008, 15:44
Fairoaks doesn't have AVGAS so I guess that means it's priceless
I bought AVGAS for £1.4something a litre at Rochester a couple of weeks ago.

Of course that probably means it's £1.5something by now.

Shunter
1st Jun 2008, 15:45
People spouting ICAO codes is just as annoying to be honest. Fine, I know what Leeds is, and I know the codes for some of the fields I fly to regularly. That's about it though.

It's not big and it's not clever. Just type the feckin name, then the rest of us don't have to use google to find out where on earth you're talking about.

Anyway. Leeds is £1.35+vat. I believe Eddsfield is still under £1.30inc VAT.

Pilotdom
1st Jun 2008, 15:47
Bose, you crack me up!

Sherburtpilotdom ;)

S-Works
1st Jun 2008, 15:56
Bose, you crack me up!

Sherburtpilotdom

Be careful or I will post the picture of you giving a beer barrel some oral attention from Berlin.

MIKECR - Nice of you to jump to Rods defence, I am sure you well get a bunch of flowers from him in due course. But to be fair he does know me very well personally and knows my sense of humour.

You obviously don't. But as a man who mixes in circles important enough to use IATA codes I am forever your humble servant.....

But as a point it was actually you that degenerated it into a slagging match........ :ok:

Its Aberdeen you halfwit!

MIKECR
1st Jun 2008, 16:06
I beg to differ but i'll agree to disagree. Im off to re educate the flying population of scotland now on how never to refer our local airfields and break the horrible chavtastic habit that we've gotten into! Bose x has told us not to so we better not!:D