PDA

View Full Version : PPL requal...Help

SP30
31st May 2008, 22:30
I got my PPL initially in 1996, then let it lapse and requalified in February 2005 but didn't get my logbook signed up between then and now. During this whole period I have been an instructor with an Air Cadet Volunteer Gliding Squadron and to date have 966 hours on the Vigilant (Grob 109 B) TMG of which 55 were in 2005, 58 in 2006 and 54 in 2007, and about 30 hours so far this year. I'm a B category instructor and have a current transit qualification. This is in addition to the 60 odd hours on class A PPL up to Feb 2005. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to revalidate my PPL? I'm local to the east midlands/ south central area and a regular in the RAF (groundcrew). Any advice or contacts for flying clubs would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

No really, thanks, I need to get this sorted now I can afford to do some private flying.

BEagle
31st May 2008, 23:19
1. Renew your SEP Class Rating by passing a LST with a PPL SEP Examiner.

2. Add a TMG Class Rating by passing the TMG Class Rating Skill Test with a TMG Examiner.

Any hours flown on either Class will then count towards revalidation of both Class Ratings. Which means that all your Vigilant flying can then be used to keep both your Class Ratings valid, although you will still need to fly a 1 hr training flight with an instructor in the second 12 month period of the validity period to revalidate by experience.

It's all in LASORS!

Incidentally, there's no such thing as a 'Class A' or 'Group A' PPL anymore - and hasn't been for years.

SP30
1st Jun 2008, 08:44
Briliant, thanks very much