PDA

View Full Version : PC-12 P1 or similar jobs back home in SA?

freefly_rulz
31st May 2008, 17:38
Hey everyone!

After doing the Africa thing for 2 1/2 years, and not hearing anything from my future employer on the B737, I am really considering going back home flying anything nice there.

Can anyone please help, and point me in the right direction of where to start looking for a PC-12 (or similar) P1 position, and any operators, and what the salary might be?

I have 1100 hours TT, with 980 command, and 700 or so turbine command time.

Anyone currently flying a PC-12 (or similar) in SA? Please give me some info!

Thanks in advance!

The Fly.

cavortingcheetah
31st May 2008, 18:22
:hmm:

On a slightly different if connected note and without wishing to hijack the thread at all, might one pose a potentially related question?
What has happened with the moping up, if any, of the experienced Nationwide pilots who have recently been made redundant. Many of those boys might well have cut their teeth on the likes of King Airs and Caravans. Some, perhaps the wise ones, will not have been too proud to lower their sights somewhat from the ambitious desire for another jet job to that of a turbine, the likes of which they have flown before?
:)

JamesBiggles
31st May 2008, 18:31
If you have 1500 hours TT and most of that on a PC12 the Red Cross Air Mercy Service may look at you. Google them and you will find there contact details.
I cannot comment on the salaries as I don't know what they are like but have noticed from previous posts that people don't like discussing salaries on this forum anyway, so don't hold your breath for an answer to that question!

cavortingcheetah
31st May 2008, 18:49
:hmm:

Would something in the region of SAR24,000 a month seem a realistic guess for such a mission?:suspect:
Mind you though, the RC mob seem rather keen on volunteers but one probably gets to bump into all sorts of dedicated nurses.:O

freefly_rulz
31st May 2008, 19:06
JB
Thanks JB, I am looking at their website now. Dont have the TT though, but will try anohowz.

I know there is a PC-12 operating from FALA owned by a small company, anyone have details about it, or any other PC-12's operating from FAWB, FALA, FAJS, FAGC?

CC

I think most of the Natiowide peeps have found holes to lie down in, and didn't need to go a step down to turboprops, well, all three of my friends there got new jobs, so I am very happy for them.
Sad thing that happened!

cavortingcheetah
31st May 2008, 19:36
:)

Really pleased to hear that and thought that the manner of termination was rather disgusting.
It is especially good news for those fast jet pilots who are sufficiently experienced so as not to want to fly simple and slow machines anymore. Roll on the short strips, the PT6s and the high flotation gear of the jolly old B200. Mind you though, the pee tube under the Captain's seat was always a bit of an Electrolux hazard although perhaps it really did operate more congenially than those installed in the Vulcan.:ooh::suspect: