PDA

View Full Version : Hour building in Spain

Phenom100
31st May 2008, 16:59
I'm looking to do some hour building in Spain (Valencia) can anyone recommend a good school?

Any input good or bad is much appreciated.

Cheers fellow aviators

Danny C

nich-av
31st May 2008, 18:20
Real aeroclub de Valencia

Jamongris
1st Jun 2008, 08:30
Hi Danny C,

I could suggest a few if you were interested in hour building in Madrid, (and maybe even join you for a few hours), but don't have any personal knowledge of the Valencia area.

visualwith737
1st Jun 2008, 14:00
Hi,

Anyone know of any good ones in the Malaga / Grenada area??

Martin

hughesyd
1st Jun 2008, 19:46
Exactly , Madrid has a few places, not least quatro vientos airport wher ei will be doig a few hours soon, but not sure about Valencia.

benish
1st Jun 2008, 23:17
what are rental prices like in espana?

Jamongris
2nd Jun 2008, 05:49
Going up rapidly, benish, at the moment.

A Piper PA-28-150 Cruiser from Cuatro Vientos is around 110,00 € per hour wet, including landing fees, although you often have to pay a monthly fee too, depends on the club.

You can find Technams registered as class A for less, but not in Madrid, more away from the cities.

hughesyd, if you want any company fell free to get in touch, and anyone else thinking of flying round here :ok:

7574ever
2nd Jun 2008, 13:30
A correction to the last post:

There are VLA certified Tecnams in Madrid/Cuatro Vientos for about 95€/hour wet, no monthly fee. I must add that having flown in several countries (and training in the UK) G/A in Spain sucks. It is treated as a nuisance by pretty much everybody, the procedures (both in flight and ground) and ATC leave a lot to be desired... I don't feel quite as safe when flying G/A over here than when flying in the US or UK.

And yes, I am a Spanish national and I fly regularly from Madrid/Cuatro Vientos.

PM me if you want info about the Tecnams, I'm currently renting them in Madrid.

Regards!