PDA

View Full Version : China Eastern

2Wright
30th May 2008, 21:34
Have a job offer from China Eastern. Can anyone tell me about the QOL and working conditions? Someone that has/is been in the airline.

Dream Land
31st May 2008, 07:23
Boat loads of red tape, they won't follow the contract, good luck!

SlimShadey
31st May 2008, 16:36
When you get there, buy into China Eastern shares. China Easten-SQ deal is back on the cards.

Beechslave
31st May 2008, 20:42
What are your qualifications?

locopiloto
31st May 2008, 23:28
So, we have one good post and one bad post for China Eastern. I have also been offered an A330 Capt position over there. I have the same questions as the other guy... any specifics on the QoL and how they are to work for? Looking for the general feeling from guys actually working there... not what other's have 'heard' about it. If they have lots of red tape and break contracts, I'd love to hear specifics. Maybe that guy just had a bad experience. Thanks yall, locopiloto

Dream Land
1st Jun 2008, 02:08
You don't have to take my word for it, by the way, how well do you read Chinese, because part of the Air law test is in Chinese, WTF. :}

Fareastdriver
1st Jun 2008, 12:06
Whwn I took my Chinese air law I called the invigilator over to ask him how I could answer the mutiple choice questions in Chinese. He told me to guess because if I had a marginal failure they would give them to me.

It wasn't necessary as it happened.

2Wright
1st Jun 2008, 18:13
15000+tt, 6000+pic, 1100pic A320.

oryxx
3rd Jun 2008, 04:02
Hi 2Wright:

Do they offer you a320 or Jump up to A330 cockpit?
:ok:
I know some mates who went from 320 to 330

2Wright
3rd Jun 2008, 16:55
Jump to the A330. Since posing the question, however I've received quite a few private EM's that where not very flatering toward CEA, so I have withdrawn from the hiring process after passing medical and ATPL writtens.:(

MDDog
21st Jun 2008, 22:21
I too have a close friend who flew MD11 for them a while back and they said the same thing.. typical of Chinese companies, they broke the contract, treated him like crap.. made him fly with FO's that can't speak a drop of english and had to use a translator IN THE COCKPIT! Steer clear of China and India.. they're the new racket. The best ex-pat jobs are going to be in the rest of the countries that are below the radar like Kuwait, Jordan, and Kahsakstan..

VRSCSE2
22nd Jun 2008, 00:43
You have to be tough and patient to make it in China.
If you are a weak weiner.....forget about it.

vrsc

Hamtarro
22nd Jun 2008, 06:37
Best Jobs are where? I do like your thought process going against the grain. Currently flying 744 in Asia and may move on. Is anyone operating that bubble headed mofo in those areas? Briefly spent time in Sudan and about every ****e hole in the North of Canada, so nothing should surprise me. Appreciate your input man.
H