PDA

View Full Version : SAR Swap

ndjsh
30th May 2008, 15:26
Does anyone know of any opportunities for SAR jobs (rearcrew) in Australia or Canada? Any criteria to get into them? Thanks:ok:

minigundiplomat
31st May 2008, 06:50
Check out the websites for CHC and Westpac trust. feel free to PM me dude!

thattvguy
31st May 2008, 23:28
Might be worth looking up National Jet too. I hear they are recruiting back enders :8 both for Aus and for another Coastwatch / SAR venture elsewhere.

Dashunder
15th Jun 2008, 02:52
AeroRescue are the AMSA contractors with bases in Darwin, Cairns, Essendon, Perth & Brisbane www.aerorescue.com.au is there website.

Hope this helps

minigundiplomat
15th Jun 2008, 11:47
CHC will even email you vacancies as they come available. Sounds like a plan!

Winch-control
15th Jun 2008, 14:22
Does anyone know of any opportunities for SAR jobs (rearcrew) in Australia or Canada? Any criteria to get into them? Thanks.

CHC run the SAR helo here in Perth WA, on behalf of St John ambulance WA.
However entry to it is via on road paramedics in Metro Perth.
If you are UK state registered then you can apply to St John for a position as a Metro Paramedic (UK applicants invited) and if successfull will be offered a sponsored visa for entry to WA.
If you have a Helo back ground, after completing probation on the road (3 months), you will probably be asked if you wish to apply for the helo.
There is no direct entry to the helo though...you prove yourself on the road first...
The helo works out of Jandakot airport and does about one job every 4 days. 90 percent Patient transfer, 9 percent rural trauma. 1 percent what I would call SAR.
Hope this helps you with WA SAR, and if you have any further questions please pm me.

Happy Dayz
23rd Jun 2008, 19:11
Surely you could not want to leave our green shores for sunnier climes! What with SAR going civie in the not too distant future, crews reducing, tasking going up, why oh why would you choose more money, a better climate and a higher standard of living?!?
In fact where do i sign.:cool: