PDA

View Full Version : Best Flying School, India

ghora86286
30th May 2008, 13:54
Hi,
This question must have been asked a gazillion times before. But then again it has to be.

Which is the best flying school money can buy. And I am talking not just in India but anywhere in the world.

Basically I am interested in a flying school which can increase my chances.

bad_attitude
30th May 2008, 14:22
are you for real???:confused:

lastdon
30th May 2008, 15:25
Basically I am interested in a flying school which can guarantee me job here in India. :hmm:

Dude, did u just say "GUARANTEE"?? :ugh:

Captain_djaffar
30th May 2008, 15:35
which will guarantee a job?
Have you tried on planet zxelda?
:suspect::suspect::suspect:
man,without being rude,some people are risking around the 90,000 pound sterling to 'secure' the possibilty to be first in the holding pool in the job queue,how? training+type rating= 70000+20000(minimum)

I dont know in india,but in your peninsula the rate shall very soon be equivalent to the most expensives flying course dispensers in the world due to the damned increasing fuel price.

If you really want if not to say a guaranteed job,but a more advantageous queuing position chance than others,get on a type,or the american way;$100,000 for your flight training and some degrees along.

ghora86286
30th May 2008, 15:44
Alright you got me. :{

I am shot down and dead?

I have done my engineering in electronics. what I am really asking is what is the best course I can take to be a pilot.
All I ever wanted to do was be a pilot and I am new to this.

SO PLEASE FORGIVE MY SILLINESS.
Although feel free to criticize me some more.:bored:

Captain_djaffar
30th May 2008, 16:12
so you're new...the impression from your writing wasn't such to me when i read.
anyway,welcome.
If you are in india,why not try the cadet scheme setup for you indians?
With engineering in electronics,I feel you shall appeal very much to them,unless you exceeded the age barrier.

nevertheless,going on your own,i think indian dgac accepts FAA standard.
In any country and aviation license system,first of all you should get a PPL,then a CPL(to work commercially) plus all the required ratings.
Now google all the abbreviated terms and thou shall find thy way!

cheers.

(BTW,no job guaranteed after training scheme exist,if they do tell you,then you know its the type of school to avoid)

ghora86286
30th May 2008, 16:22
I have researched heavily already about all that. I am well aware of the cadet pilot program's here. Kingfisher, Indigo, Spice jet are all giving that.

My age is 22(It will be 23 in june).
I have done Electronics and comm. Engg.

But I am still considering my other options. I have read posts in other forums disregarding the cadet pilot program.

What I want to know is that if not the cadet pilot program then what are my other options?

By the way Captain_djaffar (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=180093) where you from?

haree
31st May 2008, 06:18
All i can say is at this stage with surplus CPL holders in market. I'd wait until i make sure cadets get preference to the jobs. In the meanwhile i'd get myself the certificates sans the uniform of an airline and a Letter of "Intent" based on the fleet availability and requirements of the airline!

Haree

EpsilonVaz
31st May 2008, 23:17
SO PLEASE FORGIVE MY SILLINESS.
Although feel free to criticize me some more.:bored:

Why does your username translate to "White Man 86286"?

ghora86286
1st Jun 2008, 03:54
Nuts,
Man do you have no other job. Anyway ghora is hindi for horse. long story. Its kind of like my pet name. For a good reason.

Yeah thats right, they called me a horse. Laught it up. :mad:

anito4a
1st Jun 2008, 04:08
Which is the best flying school money can buy.

You want to buy a flying school? :confused:

ghora86286
1st Jun 2008, 09:01
Let me rephrase that: Best training money can buy!

Captain_djaffar
1st Jun 2008, 18:52
well in africa at the moment.
What disadvantages you stick to being a company sponsored cadet if one has through this his only way?

Unless ya purse is filled with green notes.
Then its another situation.

As you mentionned,

And I am talking not just in India but anywhere in the world.

Basically I am interested in a flying school which can increase my chances.

then i would suggest Oxford Aviation Training,ctc and many more.
Their inner connection and familiar networking with mature companies might reach you somewhere,$140,000 integrated course with no guarantees of job with a promise of helping you for a job placement only.

kwick
2nd Jun 2008, 02:49
Can I suggest something that really works for international flight training?

Review the following link of Epic Aviation, they specialize in flight training programs for international students.

Talk to Danny Perna direct, he is the big boss, make sure to tell him that Raul from Peru (South America) gave the info so he pays personal attention.

Epic Aviation
http://www.epicflightacademy.com/

WIKI44
2nd Jun 2008, 18:53
Really works for international training? In what way? What do they offer that is so different from the million other schools?
I have actually met some EPIC guys, and to be honest, I don't see any difference.

If you really want to make it, then work your ass off. Study as much as possible. Going to the worlds most expensive and best school will not make you an ace pilot. That takes time and effort. A very old (and therefore brilliant) pilot once told me that.

kwick
2nd Jun 2008, 20:48
WIKI44, I can not disagree with you on the need to study really hard to earn your wings, and also on the idea that there is no need to spend a zillion dollars to get a license to be an ace pilot.

On the other things, well, ..................

But I have one question because you got me confused with your last sentence: Do you really think age by itself, alone, relate to brilliance, excellence, distinction, talent or ability? With due respect to all, thinking that way my grandchildren would have to think I am brilliant.

This is from an old man, that was not just old, but he was brilliant:
"Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous."

WIKI44
3rd Jun 2008, 04:40
old as in still alive..... never mind... lame!
but apart from that he was quite brilliant anyhow

bad_attitude
3rd Jun 2008, 05:03
if you're an "old" light piston twin pilot ... you gotta be doing something right! :cool:

blackmumba
23rd Jun 2008, 20:03
I was a student at Epic. For me it was the best school. Amazing fleet of brand new C172 NAV2 and NAV3. The glass cockpits are unbelievable with traffic, weather, Xm radio etc. How do you define the best? Is it fleet, Instructors, management? No matter which school you go to you will get an FAA license. It is the process of getting there that matters. I would highly recommend Epicflightacademy to everyone. Let me know if you guys/girls need more feedback.

Amit