PDA

View Full Version : Buckinghamshire New University: Air Transport

chrisy08
29th May 2008, 18:01
Hi All,
Currently doing my A Levels. Is anyone currently doing a course in Bucks New University doing Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training? If so, I understand you need 180 UCAS points or grades CC (or whatever for 180 points). At the end of the course, can it take you into becoming Pilot of a commercial airline?
Thanks
Chris.

PPRuNeUser0165
29th May 2008, 18:09
Hello,
I'm doing it, but not thru the uni, i am doing it thru oxford aviation accademy, if you are wanting to become a commercial pilot then just doing the degree is not enough, you must go thru an air transport training facility like oxford. i think the degree is for management only. If what you were asking was can you go into the airline industry with that degree hen yes you can but also with any other degree too, training organisations like oxford do not require you to have a degree, however as i said before they have now teamed up with buckinghamshire new uni to incorporate into the air transport pilot licence! Confusing!! To be honest tho, the degree is a bit of a joke, all the guys on the course definetly ae not happy with it! My advise would be, if you are wanting to become a pilot read up alot more and visit as mant training schools as you can, if you are wanting to do that degree, i would go some where else!!
Happy flying,
Tommy

chrisy08
29th May 2008, 18:17
Thank you!! I will look over my options.

chrisy08
29th May 2008, 18:21
Just looked at Oxford Aviation Academy.. £63,000?? Is that correct on getting onto a training course?

BerksFlyer
29th May 2008, 18:26
I suggest you do a lot of research.

hollingworthp
29th May 2008, 19:20
Chrisy - no you are not correct, it costs quite a bit more than that!

PPRuNeUser0165
29th May 2008, 21:25
Let me guess hollingworth, you wrote that from around the pool!!!!! lol, nt much lnger and i will be there, jaas monday! Come on AP282!!!