PDA

View Full Version : Visa M1/J1

matteolo
28th May 2008, 20:10
I am going to leave my country and going in America to study and fly for helicopters licenses.

However i am really confused about the different types of visa. I know that there are already different posts about this argument, but i still can't understand some things.

What i already know (I hope is right) is that the M1 last for one year, and you can not work in USA whit it, but there is a program caled OPT wich may apply for 90 days prior to the completition of the course. If you obtain it you will be able to work in USA for a short period of time. For every 3 months that you are here on you M1 visa you will be allowed one month of OPT. Most of the schools offer the M1.

By contrast the J1 last 2 years and you can work, if you have it, without problems, for an example as a flight instructor.
Now, what i don't understand is, why some schools can not provide the J1 an others can????:confused::confused:
One school said to me that they can provide only the M1 because they are a training school...but what they really means??
There are others training schools that provide it (example=bristow).

I also know that to obtain the J1 I have to go in the USA embassy here in my city, make an interview, and bring with me the documents proving that i am going to attempt flight courses in america. So the school has to send to me the documents. I don't think that the documents for the M1 are so different from the document to obtain the J1...or I am wrong?:ugh:

Please help me....because i am very confused.:{
The problem is that all the schools and person who I talk with, say every times different things.

I think that this informations can help not only me but all the people that want to go abroad.

Thank everybody. :ok:

flytoo
29th May 2008, 03:06
Hello

If you want to work you need the J1. Fly only with schools providing it.
take care

:ok:

hjmemon
30th May 2008, 04:34
Hi,
what are the airlines/aviation related organisation in USA that can issue/sponsor J1 visa.
I think from DDMOW's post it seems FSA is one of them. Would appreciate if someone can few others.

botaxgendeng
31st May 2008, 15:21
if I dont mistake why some school could provide the j1 visa and other couldnt may be is the type of flying school. they have part 141 and 61.
big flying school ussually could provide J1 visa.
good luck. bon jorno:ok: