PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Validity

Epic_mg
27th May 2008, 20:46
Hey all,

Just need advise on the ATPL theory validity period. My final exam was passed in August 2006, however this was a resit.

My concern is that a resit paper is not counted towards the 36 month validity period in which you can obtain the IR, can anyone confirm whether this is so?

Ive attempted to email the CAA twice with regards to this matter but to no avail.

Any advise would be appreicated.

Cheers,

Epic_mg:ok:

madlot
27th May 2008, 20:58
I can't believe a successful resit is anything other than an exam pass. Must count as that surely, and passing the exams is what the time limits are based on.

OneIn60rule
27th May 2008, 21:31
It's from the day you start the first tests. Then the ticker starts.

1/60

whiskey1
28th May 2008, 03:11
LASORS has the answer.
CPL Section D page 7.
A pass in the Theoretical Knowledge examinations given in accordance with JAR FCL 1.490 will be accepted for the grant of a CPL(A) or IR(A) during the 36 months from the end of the month of the date of gaining a pass in the required examination papers.

Once passed valid for 7 years from last I/R Renewal.

You have 18 months form the time you first sit an exam to pass all 14 of the Theory exams. You then have 36 months to get the licence and Rating.

W1

Malta_Flyer
6th Jun 2008, 03:04
If you dont mind me hijacking this post, i'd like to ask about the IR(A) requirement. A wee bit tight on cash at the mom, and i dont think im gonna manage to squeeze enough for a ME-IR. Will a SE-IR do the trick to extend the ATPL exam validity to 7 years? If yes, what would it take to get my ME-IR when i need it later on? (within the 7 years of course).

Couldnt find the info so thanks to any of you who can help

whiskey1
6th Jun 2008, 04:46
Says Instrument Rating not Multi Engine Instrument Rating so should be fine on a single I think.