PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the UK

tweetypie
27th May 2008, 20:26
Ive been flying in the US for the past 5 years but I really want to get back to the UK. I plan on converting my licence this year, so I would be grateful if you could recommend schools for the ATPL's (distance learning), CPL and most importantly, the IR conversion. I can complete the JAA CPL in the US but its the distance learning and the IR conversion that I need advice on.

Thanks

Finals19
27th May 2008, 20:29
First off, what are your hours and experience? Type ratings? Current job? If you could let us know that, we can go from there.

tweetypie
27th May 2008, 20:32
2000 hours total time with an FAA CPL/IR/ME rating. I instructed for 18 months with 975 hours of dual given. I also flew a supercharged twin for 734 hours for a cargo company (single pilot IFR). No type rating although I was considering applying to work for year with a US regional on something like a CRJ or ERJ(although that maybe unlikely with the way the US market has currently fallen to the recession)

Andrew G20
27th May 2008, 21:35
Tweetypie, out of interest, why are you heading back to the UK? I am in the same situation as you, currently at a US airline but have my JAA all set and also thinking about making the move back.
PM if you prefer.