PDA

View Full Version : HeliOps Magazine contact

Flapping Doctor
27th May 2008, 18:17
Apologies for using this site for a mundane request......
I've been trying to contact HeliOps Magazine but have failed by e-mail (via the website or directly) and by phone. Are they still going? If so I'd appreciate a PM to establish contact; I have subscription questions.

Many thanks

BigMike
28th May 2008, 14:00
You might try posting a question on there forum.

paco
28th May 2008, 14:21
[email protected] will get you Mark, the editor

Phil
Safety columnist

Brilliant Stuff
28th May 2008, 15:13
When I rang the mag because the Website gave different subscriptions costs compared to the renewal letter, the office phone was diverted to Ned's mobile since it was still out of hours for the office.

Ned-Air2Air
28th May 2008, 20:05
Flapping Doctor - Check your PMs.

McBad
16th Jul 2008, 13:14
Is anyone else in the UK not receiving this magazine? (Assuming you've subscribed to it of course!)

I subscribed back in the spring and have still seen no magazines. Attempts to contact Heliops through the contact page on their web-site and by e-mail have met with little success.

Is it just me or is there a wider problem?

Cheers,

M

JTobias
16th Jul 2008, 13:21
errrm, I think I get it.
I will check at home tonight to see when my last issue arrived.

Joel

Ned-Air2Air
16th Jul 2008, 19:16
McBad,

Feel free to contact me directly on [email protected]

Am on the road but will get whatever the problem is sorted. We recently changed our ISP and had email probs but they should be sorted. The above comes direct to me.

JTobias
16th Jul 2008, 22:12
Last issue I had was March/April edition

KNIEVEL77
31st Dec 2008, 16:47
Hi,

I subscribed to HeliOps magazine in November but have heard absolutely nothing from them since.

I have emailed them 4 times now but with no response.

Is anyone else having problems with their subscription or with contacting them?

Runway101
31st Dec 2008, 16:51
When I signed up for my subscription I also never heard back from them (except the initial automatic email that confirmed my subscription). However, some month later the first issue showed up in my mailbox. Your subscription may start with the next issue as it was too late for the last one.

When asked about the missing subscription at their booth at Heli Expo in Houston a young blond girl (I believe she was Ned's daughter) told me they had some problems with the company that handled the subscriptions, but they were about to restructure and take over by themselves or something along those lines.

When I changed my address, they were very quick to respond and update though.

KNIEVEL77
31st Dec 2008, 16:56
Excellent, thankyou........I will just sit tight then!

KNIEVEL77
31st Dec 2008, 18:17
Lets hope he reads this thread then, I paid $95, i'd be upset if all I received was one copy!:{

THM
31st Dec 2008, 19:59
*********** (http://www.heliopshelitacforums.com/forums/)

Link deleted: SP.

KNIEVEL77
31st Dec 2008, 20:23
Hopefully Ned will read this and try and sort it out!

Te_Kahu
31st Dec 2008, 22:05
I know they had major problems with a company that was contracted to do all of the distribution/mailing and subscription management etc of their publications.

Drop a line to Neville [email protected] I'm sure he'd be keen to put it right.

TK

Brilliant Stuff
1st Jan 2009, 08:56
Ring the office is all I can suggest since everyhting else seems to be a long shot, that's what my experience with them tells me, but I do hope it's a third party upsetting their system, because Ned appears rather genuine from meeting him and other people who have met him.

pplh
1st Jan 2009, 09:45
I'm having the same issue in the UK. Subscribed early december but haven't heard anything from anyone, tried using the contact page on the website and emailing the subscriptions department but still nothing.

Anyone having any luck getting through to them?

THM
1st Jan 2009, 14:42
Sorry Sp just thought it would help.

MightyGem
1st Jan 2009, 19:19
Just to insert a positive note here, I get my copy regularly.

KNIEVEL77
1st Jan 2009, 19:32
Any chance you could photocopy it and sent it to all of us??????:8

kneedwondean
1st Jan 2009, 21:08
This doesn't look too good does it? I ordered my subscription 3 months ago, money has come out of credit card but no mags yet......:hmm:

MightyGem
2nd Jan 2009, 00:03
Any chance you could photocopy it and sent it to all of us??????
You could always try the online version:
HeliOps Magazine - Current Issue (http://www.heliopsmag.com/current.html)

Ned-Air2Air
2nd Jan 2009, 00:25
Interesting comments by a lot of you, but hey each to his own. I will answer some of the points made here in the various posts.

KNIEVEL77 - Feel free to send me an email directly to [email protected] including a name and postal address where the magazine was to be sent and I will look into it myself. On the subs for we tell subscribers to allow at least six to eight weeks for receipt of the first issue. This allows time for the subs to be processed, entered into the database and get printed with the onserts for the next issue of the magazine that goes out.

RUNWAY101 - The young lady you spoke to at Heli Expo was Ashley and she was the daughter of my editor, and yes she was correct we had ongoing problems with NZ Posts service hence our change mid year to Spring Global Mail who now handle all the mailings.

Thanks THM. It's a bit of a worry that their own forum is full of posts from people who have sent money but not received anything!

Interesting comment but totally incorrect. I just checked and had a look on our forum and there are comments from four people who asked us to look into subs issues. Considering we have over 5000 paid subs to HeliOps I expect to have a few hiccups now and then. Look at the time period when these posts were made, they were not all over the space of a week or such.

PPLH -= If you subscribed early December then be realistic, when do you expect your first issue, a week later. Sorry but thats why we put on there allow six to eight weeks for first issue, same as above post. Since I dont know a name or postal address I cant give you any specific answer but if you did subscribe in early Dec then expect the Jan/Feb issue as your first one.

kneedwondean - Send me an email with name and postal address and I can look into it.

As I have told people on the forum here before, if you have an issue then email me directly. My direct email address is always available for people to contact me and like I said I expect to have subs issues come up from time to time. Between the three mags we have we have over 13,000 paid subs so is everything going to always go smoothly, no not at all.

For those that just want to bag us in public then fine go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better, but those who email me directly always get their problems sorted.

Ned ([email protected])

KNIEVEL77
2nd Jan 2009, 00:35
Hi Ned,

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of the questions posed.

I emailed you a few weeks ago but unfortunately haven't heard back from you yet, however I shall resend the email to you now.

Thanks again,

K77.

CYHeli
2nd Jan 2009, 02:23
K77, check the email address that you sent it to. The email address on the first page of this thread had a spelling mistake in it.

Thanks for doing the right thing Ned.

Ned-Air2Air
2nd Jan 2009, 02:33
CYHeli - I have no problem trying to help someone sort out a problem with their sub. If I was in the same position then I would expect similar.

All I have issue with is getting attacked here in public. If anyone has an issue then send me a PM or an email with the problem and I will get it sorted as bottom line buck stops with me.

Sandy Toad
2nd Jan 2009, 02:59
All Regular Here! Just to add more balance from the silent majority who never complain because everything is going ok - everyone here is receiving their magazines regularly, and cracking pix in every issue too! :D

pplh
2nd Jan 2009, 09:10
Ned - sorry I guess I wasn't really expecting the actual magazine the day after I subscribed, maybe just something along the lines of a confirmation email to tell me that you've have received my $180 NZD!

Thanks for getting back to me though, I'll sit tight.

DennisK
2nd Jan 2009, 15:25
Just another short note to help balance out this nonsense ... I'm another regular and prompt receiver and very happy with the mag I am too. Great stories and sometimes even greater pics.

Well done all at Heli-Ops.

Dennis K

McBad
2nd Jan 2009, 16:22
I subscribed spring 2008. Nothing happened for months and months, despite exchange of e-mails, various promises and a number of e-mails that weren't responded to.

Had completely given up on it when an issue fell through the door. So far I've had two issues out of my years subscription, both arriving here many months after publication date. I won't be renewing my subscription but the message is don't give up; they may arrive.

M.

widgeon
3rd Jan 2009, 17:21
Realview Build Number: 20081219.0
URL: Heliops : , Page 1 (http://heliopsmag.realviewtechnologies.com/)
---------ERROR DETAILS----------
name: TypeError
number: -2146827864
description: Object required

Hmm when I tried online version I got this message,

Not sure what sort of object it required , tried throwing a towel at the monitor but it did not work :8

pplh
3rd Jan 2009, 18:46
widgeon, I'm getting the same error message for that link although I believe its an error at their end of things.

muermel
3rd Jan 2009, 20:54
I would like to take a subscription of HeliOps Magazine but I`m a bit confused by your comments here. So if I subscribe now online via the magazine`s website, do I get the next issue allready or will I be facing problems and delays like some people here at the forum?

I live in Germany btw.

From what I can tell by Nedīs pics here at the forum it`s definitely worth the 40 Euros. :ok:

Greetings

topendtorque
3rd Jan 2009, 21:02
ALL REGULAR HERE TOO. and as with another top mag that comes my way, the OZ OUTBACK magazine, you wonder just what good stories and photo opportunities there are left to unearth for the next go round.

WRT the below, send it to NED, send it to NED at the email listed above, hot damn, could easily be a computer glitch that they are not aware of.

Realview Build Number: 20081219.0
URL: Heliops : , Page 1 (http://heliopsmag.realviewtechnologies.com/)
---------ERROR DETAILS----------
name: TypeError
number: -2146827864
description: Object required

Hmm when I tried online version I got this message,

Not sure what sort of object it required , tried throwing a towel at the monitor but it did not work http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/nerd.gif

Ned-Air2Air
4th Jan 2009, 17:09
The link for the digital edition is inop at the moment as we have a newer updated version of digital edition software being installed and when its all tested and bugs sorted then we will open it up.

Ned

ramen noodles
4th Jan 2009, 20:02
That's the power of pprune - ask a question, and the Publisher writes back! Good on ya, mate!

Ned-Air2Air
4th Jan 2009, 20:29
Ramen - Its got nothing to do with the power pprune as you put it. It has to do with the fact that I have been a member of pprune for a number of years and am in and out of here all the time and if someone asks a question then I will answer it.

Thats what its got to do with.

Ned

muermel
15th Sep 2009, 16:34
Hey guys

I just want to know if any other subscribers of HeliOps Mag but me have or have had a delay/delayed delivery of the latest issue (Kmax on cover). It hasn't arrived as yet and I`ve already sent a mail via their website but haven't had an answer (8th of September) so far.

Greetings

Ned-Air2Air
15th Sep 2009, 18:02
Muermel,

Kmax issue has been and gone. Latest one with AW139 on the cover is now out so obviously your one didnt get there.

Drop me a PM with name and postal and will arrange for replacement copy to be sent off.

Ned

P.S. My admin guy has been on holiday and I have been away shooting on the fires in California for the last two weeks hence lack of reply from office if you only sent it on the 8th but he is back as of today.

Brilliant Stuff
15th Sep 2009, 21:46
Nope I haven't received anything either. Ned mentioned that all those issues should be old news now.

Ned-Air2Air
15th Sep 2009, 21:52
Brillant Stuff - Drop me a Pm also with name and postal and will send off a replacement copy.

Ned

muermel
11th Jun 2010, 15:14
Hi guys

I'm wondering if I'm the only subscriber of Heliops Magazine that still hardly gets any issue without chasing Ned Dawson. Out of the last 5 issues I only received 1 the regular way. I wouldn't really mind writing a PM here (to Ned Dawson; worked fine in the past) to get the missing issues at all since it's only every two months or so. But since my PMs (30th of May and 8th of July) have not been answered yet nor has my eMail to [email protected] caused any reaction til today, I just wanted to know if my case is the exception or the rule.

The "contact mail" (9th of July) via their website hasn't been answered as well (apart from the system generated mail that they've received my inquiry).

I've written in my mail to Mr. Dawson that I'm well aware of the fact that he's probably a busy man and travelling a lot so I wouldn't expect the missing issues in my mailbox within 3 days but since he finds the time to post here on pprune regularly I'm a bit irritated that I've heard nothing at all.

Please don't get me wrong though. I really like the magazine and I'm always thrilled when I hold the latest issue in my hands but customer service and shipment doesn't seem to be on par with the excellent magazine itself. At least it hasn't been for me.

Bye

KiaKahaMedia
11th Jun 2010, 19:44
Your email has just been replied to. Myself and others in our office have been away with the flu for the last week + and thats why I am in here on a Saturday morning to try and catch up.

Sending Ned PM messages on here isnt a preferred way to sort a subs issue as he is not here all the time and when travelling all he does is cut and paste any message and send it to the office. I would suggest yourself or anyone else send myself a PM or an email to [email protected] and we can sort out any issue.

Issue 65 was airmailed off recently and is starting to arrive with subscribers now. We had a hiccup at the printing facility which caused us a delay and that was out of our hands.

So please ensure you PM myself as I will check in here once a week from now on and also email our office. We have added two new staff members to assist with admin duties which should ensure emails get attended to a bit quicker.

Karen Matheson
Admin Assistant/Subs Manager
HeliOps & Kia Kaha Media

muermel
11th Jun 2010, 20:19
Thanks a lot

I'm looking forward to receiving the issues soon. :D

Thanks for your effort and get rid of that messy flu :ok:

Sethgl
7th Jul 2011, 07:50
Hi

I ordered back copies from both these magazines about two months ago. I have sent emails wondering where my order is and no reply from either Heliops or Helivator magazine. Very disappointed.

Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble receiving their magazines from both these companies. It is certainly not the way to run a magazine.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Seth

Savoia
7th Jul 2011, 08:24
Seth; these days there is nothing a hardcopy publication can provide (by way of news) that one cannot source (in multiplied variations) online within hours of the events developing.

The only item of interest I can think of with formal publications are their features (which vary according to the publishers budget).

However, if you are into magazines then you might take a look at Rotor & Wing which is delivered online and is complimentary. Contact details here (http://www.rotorandwing-digital.com/rotorandwing/201004#pg1)

Can't really see much of a future for hardcopy publications. Slow (and therefore non-current), expensive and non-environmentally friendly.

heli1
7th Jul 2011, 14:11
Helivator has died I think ?
Helicopter International going on line some time soon?

FoxtrotAlpha18
8th Jul 2011, 05:10
Hmmm, bit of a pattern emerging here...ISP troubles, then NZ Post troubles, then distributor troubles, then printer troubles, then people away on leave, then conflicting email adresses to send feedback to...

Not that Ned's ever been known for making excuses mind you! :E

JDurrant
8th Jul 2011, 10:19
Having had just paid for my years subs I was sent my first copy (albeit two months old and one which I already had) and was then sent a polite letter stating Helivator was no more. I understand these are tough times but the decent thing would have been to refund the subs, or better still not take them in the first place!
Ironically the website says they were so successful last year that they've doubled the frequency of the publication this year. Only ever saw one copy!:hmm:

one-tok
21st Jul 2011, 03:03
What a rip off... payed one years subscription,
never seen a magazine yet??? :=...... No answer to emails or phone calls :ugh:

KNIEVEL77
21st Jul 2011, 08:16
Seth,

I received a letter from Helivator advising me that the money I had paid WOULD be refunded early this year. I even wrote to the Editor thanking him for his honesty and for a good informative publication and he responded telling me that the refunds were being offered so that if the magazine was resurrected his loyal readers would resubscribe.

After no response to my subsequent emails or telephone calls I gave up!!!

Shame.