PDA

View Full Version : FNPTII simulator

Pilot.Pete
27th May 2008, 12:55
Hi I have been looking for some company’s that do IR training in JAA approved FNPTII simulator's, to get myself on the ball ahead of my real IR course.

Flight safety are just down the road at west palm beach, but they will only train you with a type rating,

I’ve had a look on the web and at the CAA site trying to find a list of approved centers, but no joy.
I’ve emailed Eurocopter/helisim, to see if I could go there.

But does anyone have a list of other places in Europe, I take it there are no approved ones in the US.

Peter

Shawn Coyle
27th May 2008, 13:05
There are none approved in the US, that I'm aware of. The problem for a company trying to do this in the US, is that the European Authority has to come to the US to do the approval, and not just once, but every year. That costs money.
Also there's a requirement for a Quality Assurance program with any FNPT approval that is not easy or cheap to keep going.
There are several operators in the UK that have FNPT II machines - Helicopter Services, FAST Helicopters, Police Aviation Services to name a few.

Pilot.Pete
27th May 2008, 13:15
Thanks I though that was the case for the US.
I'm looking for non UK sim's, I'm not keen on paying 17.5% UK TAX

rotenon
27th May 2008, 23:03
Hi

I recommend www.scanaviation.no (http://www.scanaviation.no) at Sola. They use the S61 and Super Puma simulator. They also have a B222 simulator.

Highly reccomended and cheep as possible in all ways. Ask for Mr Øyvind Breda (an retired CHC captain) who does the training.

DomDom
28th May 2008, 13:50
Heli-Union Training Center (Angoulême-France)...

wokkaboy
30th May 2008, 10:58
Fast Helicopters have one at Thruxton

See www.fasthelicopters.com/sim

WB

Sliding Doors
30th May 2008, 13:12
WB,

I'm looking for non UK sim's, I'm not keen on paying 17.5% UK TAX

:ugh:

wokkaboy
30th May 2008, 14:30