PDA

View Full Version : Vistajet

DinoCraft9
26th May 2008, 22:02
Hi there!
Is there anyone around that already went to the vistajet interview?
I've been called for the 26th of june and would appreciate any info

thanks

execuflyer
27th May 2008, 08:18
hy,

it was a nice interview in a nice atmosphere with the flight operations manager, duration about 1 to 1,5 hour. very straight, mostly questions about cv. a lot of explanations, how things are running in company. prepare some infos of the company (take it from homepage and press releases, that should be enough), and some (very) basic JAR OPS infos.
last question was the salary, after 10 days I got the response - all was ok :ok:

I hope I was able to help you, good luck

DinoCraft9
28th May 2008, 18:23
Hi Execuflyer,

thanks a lot!
I'm really interested on this job and will prepare the interview the best I can!

I call them when I received their e-mail with the appointment and specifically ask them wether German is a must and told me that it wasn't, what do you know about it?
did they let you know what sort of profile they were looking for?

thanks again

execuflyer
29th May 2008, 07:16
hy, no, they didn't tell me something specific, because I fulfilled all the requirements mentioned on the homepage (also German).
I don't know, how they want it now according to german or other requirements written on the homepage.

regards and all the best

mierda
29th May 2008, 07:40
Hi
I sent Vista Jet my CV, I met all the requirements except for the CRM, Fire fighting, and RVSM. Are these courses worth doing, (I've never been asked for them before!) and if so can anyone recommend where to do them and cost, I live in Sussex.

Thanks

John

DinoCraft9
29th May 2008, 10:22
Thanks colleague!

good luck to u too

cldrvr
31st May 2008, 23:11
Mierda, no point in doing the SEP's yourself. Any employer will take care of them for you most of them are only valid for a year and some may be company specific.

homebase_szg
2nd Jun 2008, 18:44
Mierda, you should know that you have to complete and self-finance all these courses BEFORE the start date of your contract. So - yes, these courses are worth doing.

Cldrvr ist right - the courses are only valid for one year. So the recurrent trainings will be paid by VistJet of course.

Some of the courses can be done online via CBT. However, it would be a little bit dangerous to do the Fire Fighting course online :) Unfortunately I cannot recommend any training centers in your area.

Good luck.

cldrvr
2nd Jun 2008, 19:12
Are you having a laugh? Vistajet makes you guys do your own SEP's?

That is insane, illegal and dangerous.

How can vistajet assure that the training the guys receive is according to their SOP's and Syllabus as spelled out in their Part D?

SEP's are company specific and have to be trained under Company supervision and according to Company Syllabus, the Company can outsource this training however will always have ultimate control.

Even if a guy moves company most operators will redo the SEP training or at least guarantee themselves that the training received is to their standard.

I would not want to be their Head of Training

homebase_szg
2nd Jun 2008, 19:39
cldrvr I fully understand and respect your comment. At the moment I am unable to tell you how VJ ensures training according their SOP's but I am sure they have appropriate policies. I only wanted to clarify mierda's request.

cldrvr
2nd Jun 2008, 19:54
Guys, before anybody here spends any money on travelling to an interview or training to their syllabus at their own expense, get a confirmation in writing from them that expenses will be reimbursed and call the Austrian CAA to confirm that training is to their standard.

What is the world coming to? Corporate aviation has always been shielded from Ryanair and Ej practises of paying for your own training, making your own way to an interview etc. don't let the moronic idiots of Vistajet ruin our industry.

I am keeping a very close eyes on these guys.

mierda
3rd Jun 2008, 14:05
Thank you guys!