PDA

View Full Version : Canada

GJONES,BMI,EDINBURGH
26th May 2008, 20:12
Hi
Just wondering if anyone knows of, or recommends any good schools for hour building in Canada. Looking to go end of the summer sometime.

Cheers

paco
27th May 2008, 06:19
You could look at Harv's Air near Winnipeg, Manitoba - www.harvsair.com

You get lots of clear weather there

Phil

preduk
27th May 2008, 12:25
Don't know if they are any good or not: www.mfc.nb.ca (http://www.mfc.nb.ca)

paco
27th May 2008, 18:13
yes, Moncton are OK too, and so is New Brunswick!

Phil

GJONES,BMI,EDINBURGH
28th May 2008, 17:51
Thanks phil, will take a look at those sites

Canadapilot
29th May 2008, 01:34
Also Calgary Flying Club, or in Vancouver - Pro IFR, Pacific Flying Club, or my school Canadian Flight Centre...can highly recommend the west coast and for some great flying and the crowded airspace will put you in good stead if you're going back to fly in the UK after. The prairies are ok, but it's boring and flat and very cold winters, big storms in the summer...head to Vancouver and avoid the "real weather"!!

Claude Reymond
29th May 2008, 05:45
Look at www.airrichelieu.com in montreal. Very good place.
Training up to ATPL.

Claude reymond

bluesky54
3rd Jun 2008, 09:07
yeah.....but at least in the Prairies you get clear, blue sky 90% of the time....West Coast is beautiful and green...'cause it rains 90% of the time! Not to mention the cost of living in Vancouver compared to the Prairies.

Flying Squid
3rd Jun 2008, 09:20
Depends how many hours you need to get and how quickly you need to get them. I've heard MFC is a good FTO if you have plenty of time and money but if you're working to a specific date then make sure you allow plenty of time because aircraft are short in numbers given the number of students that are after them constantly. They operate the DA-20's and some pretty old C172's I believe. Best bet would be to get checked out on both of them and then book as many slots as possible.

Good luck! :ok:

GJONES,BMI,EDINBURGH
3rd Jun 2008, 09:22
Thanks for all the advice, will look into all these places, thanks