PDA

View Full Version : Bell 427 in Europe for charter (training)?

Paulsddd
25th May 2008, 20:58
I would like to try how it works and how good it is.
If you have any experience on it - please share with me

Oogle
26th May 2008, 12:58
You could try Alfa in Prague as they operate one for EMS. Don't know if available for outside training.

PM Big Mike as he would know exactly the answer to your question.

CarryOnCopter
27th May 2008, 07:56
Gary Savage at Alan Mann Helicopters might be able to help, in the UK, + 44 1276 857 471. Does a lot of overseas training in strange places, I am not him by the way.

BigMike
27th May 2008, 08:46
Contact details here:http://www.alfahelicopter.cz/en/contacts.htm

They don't operate a training school at the moment (but check as it's been a while since I worked there), but were looking at it. They are avalible for all types of charter work, but EMS is their core bussiness.

I'm sure they could arrange a flight with one of their C&T guy's (most management and pilots all have good English) The 427 is a really nice helicopter to fly.
Talk to the OPS Manager, Martin Skvrne in Brno.

A direct flight from London to Brno will have you at the head office location.
Great bunch of people and very professional organization.

BM

Shawn Coyle
27th May 2008, 13:07
There aren't many Bell 427's to begin with, let alone in Europe.
It's a great machine in many respects - single engine performance is sparkling, and handling OK for a non-stabilized machine. Hydraulics off is easier than a Jet Ranger.

BigMike
28th May 2008, 14:05
'There aren't many Bell 427's to begin with, let alone in Europe'

Yep, and they have 4. It has worked pretty well in the EMS role for them, but the new 429 (they have 4 on order) should be great. They will be introducing an NVG program with the new aircraft as well.