PDA

View Full Version : TG Aviation @ Manston

moona
24th May 2008, 09:18
Hi All, im currently considering TG Aviation @ Manston as one of the options for CPL training.

Has anyone else completed CPL training there. Or does anyone have any recent flight training experience there at all, PPL etc.

andreacool
24th May 2008, 09:19
Do they do also JAA training? at what price?
Thanks
Andy

moona
24th May 2008, 09:40
Hi Andy, yes they offer JAA training for PPL / CPL but not IR.

By the looks of things they are more of a flying club that will put someone through a CPL every now and then rather than a dedicated commercial school. As such there is not much info out there about them.

Nashers
24th May 2008, 14:36
hi there. a friend of mine actualy works there and ive flown into it a few times.

manston TG Avaiation has PPL and CPL training there and there aircrafts look well kept. nice 2 mile long runway so you can bounce down it to your hearts content. pretty cool actualy when ATC ask you to hold short as you have a 747-400F on finals and ur in a little C172/worrior!!

as for quality of training i cannot say as ive not studied there. my friend however does teach CPL there and seems to know what he is talking about!!! the few people ive spoken to there seem to be quite nice but at the end of the day you will never know what you think of any school untill you have been there yourself and spoken to them, possably even done a flight. keep in mind that where ever you go, some people will have bad and some people will have good things to say.

good luck!

moona
24th May 2008, 14:51
Just got back from TG after seeing the facilities and meeting the CPL instructor John.

Arrow - absolutely mint condition
Instructor - Very nice guy, good feedback from the others I spoke to.
Price - competitive
Location - 1/2 hour drive from home
Training - V flexible weekends, evenings all possible.
Student Ratio - v low 1-2 students at a time.

With the next nearest CPL training facility (stapleford) being 1.5 hours drive from my home im seriously considering TG.

Leezyjet
24th May 2008, 14:59
I would have used TG myself if only they were not so far away from where I live.

Great little club/school and the a/c are in very very good condition.

From what I hear the "Reds" often pop in for a visit too when they are passing.

:)

gfunc
24th May 2008, 16:57
I got my PPL at TG 10+ years ago. I did it by washing their aircraft in exchange for flying and only ended up paying the exam fees out of pocket. This attitude (on their part) really speaks volume about what kind of organization they were/are - all about flying not about the money.

At the time (and I guess it still is) the place is a family business and the family take a lot of pride in having a smart, well run operation that is open to everyone.

Cheers,

Gareth.

moona
24th May 2008, 17:01
Forgot to post the costs:

PA28 £205 per hour (including instructor, VAT, home landing fees)
PA28R £225 per hour (including instructor, VAT, home landing fees)

Mr_Glyn
22nd Dec 2011, 10:27
They have just had a brand new website developed.