PDA

View Full Version : After the MCC..??

theycallmemaurice
23rd May 2008, 11:48
I have been offered a place on an integrated ATPL course and I was wondering what training happens after the 14 month course i.e. after the MCC and Simulator is there an airline specific course(presuming you get hired) to go through their procedures and company familiarisation? how long more can you expect this to add to the 14 month course before you're on line training?

Thanks for any help!

AlphaMale
23rd May 2008, 12:28
I was wondering what training happens after the 14 month integrated ATPL course

Flying Instructor course or a SSTR if you're rich :ok:

n90bar
23rd May 2008, 15:16
Assuming yo are very lucky and get an airline job straight from an integrated course, you can expect to do a week or so of SEP (safety equipment and procedures). Then 3 weeks of ground school, and a further 3/4 weeks in the sim, before base training to complete the type rating. Then say 50 or so sectors with a training captain, before you are finally let loose!

SpamFritters
24th May 2008, 08:18
:ugh:If you have been offered a place... shouldn't you already know what's what?

theycallmemaurice
25th May 2008, 21:00
thanks the info is very useful!

corsair
26th May 2008, 22:29
Well Maurice is that a PTC flybe course or a Sigmar Cityjet course? Neither are integrated by the way. Both modular.

Either way you will be briefed by the company rep in due course.

tps
27th May 2008, 17:13
Corsair- As per my previous reply to one of your posts, please check your facts before you broadcast statements on other FTO's training approvals.

Sigmar is a fully integrated ATP (A) JAR-FCL approved training programme and has never been modular.