PDA

View Full Version : F3 nose wheel up landing!

jwcook
22nd May 2008, 23:54
Anyone know about a F3 landing without a nose wheel?

http://www.savonsanomat.fi/video-kuva/kuvasarjat/onnettomuuskoneen-lasku(131978).ece#18

http://www.savonsanomat.fi/multimedia/dynamic/00041/kone7_41013b.jpg

There not practicing for the Typhoon are they?? :)

Cheers

High_Expect
23rd May 2008, 07:32
Yeap,

Two main wheel greens and a nose wheel red on breaking in to the circuit. Failed to lower after a further try and on the emergency blow down = one nose wheel up landing.

Very little damage by all accounts. :)

effortless
23rd May 2008, 09:07
Coo ain't they strong. I am always amazed at the punishment they can take.

NutLoose
23rd May 2008, 11:39
Anyone know about a F3 landing without a nose wheel?

Oh it did have a Nose wheel, just not where one would expect it to be :p

Jobza Guddun
23rd May 2008, 12:41
I DO hope the liney's remembered the CB panel.....

If there's some spares going now please send to

BAES Marham
Kings Lynn
Norfolk
PE33 9NP

:E

glad rag
23rd May 2008, 16:46
Woukd that be a Falkland Islands crest there? :ok:

taxydual
23rd May 2008, 16:59
43(F) Sqn, at an airfield in Finland.

Jobza Guddun
23rd May 2008, 23:24
I'll write next Friday afternoon off now then UKMIL, the old Friday afternoon PWI / UTI ! :{

bakseetblatherer
23rd May 2008, 23:44
Who is that on the 'top of the range' bike on the MoD site? An experienced antipodean Nav, perchance?

That bike looks like the 2 wheeled equivalent of a Model T Ford:}

exscribbler
24th May 2008, 00:37
... a Squadron Leader "enthuses" about something. :}

High_Expect
24th May 2008, 00:51
****in ell' mate... good job! bike recce correct

Lima Juliet
25th May 2008, 19:23
Coo ain't they strong. I am always amazed at the punishment they can take.

...You stupid boy, don't you know that the nose is made of concrete (the Blue Circle Radar lives on!).

LJ:ok:

Mike Read
26th May 2008, 10:30
Seeing photo of kneeling F3 reminds me of quickest runway clearance in similar circumstances.

Nicosia - 1956 - Suez etc. Three Canberras lined up for t/o at north end of long r/w. Flare from ATC and battle flight scramble from ORP at south end. Fascinated bomber pilots watch brave Hunter pair crest the slight hump in r/w, one of which had sunk slightly back onto tarmac shedding bits of drop tanks and broken nose wheel before finally overflying the Canberras and drenching them in fuel. Damaged Hunter had enough internal fuel available to make two circuits.

OC Eng positioned small flat bed truck beside r/w about half way down. Brave Hunter pilot landed on main wheels and finished up like F3. Truck backs up to nose of Hunter. Airmen climb onto spine and gingerly walk back towards tail until nose rises. Truck backs under nose. Airmen shuffle forward. Nose lowers onto truck. Brave pilot releases brakes. Truck engages gear and drives combination off runway. Runway cleared in about five minutes. Airfield operational again.

Drinks all round!