PDA

View Full Version : Australian Wings Academy

maus88
22nd May 2008, 17:43
Has anyone had any experience with Australian Wings Academy in Coolangatta, Queensland?

I've enrolled on their next Diploma in Aviation intake on the 29th July 08 as their service has been really good, their advice honest, and the costings realistic. I have not been able to find anything anywhere about them (good or bad) despite them being around since 1980 (they were formerly known as Gold Coast Aviation Centre.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

merrickmoras
9th Jun 2008, 16:42
Oh ****. Didn't know that. But don't they have, from what I've heard and read, the best simulator in Australia? Well, maybe you're right. I'm joining there in September. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :ugh:

merrickmoras
10th Jun 2008, 16:34
Yeah, took your advice and did some reading. There's a pretty big difference. Just kinda curious though...how do you know so much about the academy? Have you had any association with these guys? Maybe a disgruntled alumnus? And as far as my pockets go, how deep do they need to be? The price looks pretty reasonable for what I'm getting. And yes, I've looked around. This is a make or break decision for me, so I have to be 100% sure I'm making the right one. Any help, willing or otherwise, would be appreciated.

cebo1
11th Jun 2008, 08:03
Without going into too much detail, yes I did do some training there but on my way to my cpl I got fed up with all the rubbish and decided to go down the road to Air Gold Coast- lets just say there's a big difference between the two. Air gold coast has over 20 years experience not like awa and a big plus is that air gold coast isnt owned by a bean counter. www.airgoldcoast.com.au check it out.

Red max
11th Jun 2008, 09:53
A great school with really good and friendly staff, they have a good student instructor ratio, they've just got 3 new aircrafts and I heard rumors that they might be getting a small jet!!

and there are students from all around the world studying there, In my opinion its one of the best schools out there.

cebo1
12th Jun 2008, 02:45
A small jet :suspect: . It sounds like you're affiliated with the school in some way just wondering in what capacity??

mohammad
24th May 2009, 11:52
My advice is NOT to go to this school....expensive for what its worth. $23k for a MECIR in the dutchess. As well as that they sell you the place saying what they will be getting a jet which is a whole lot of rubbish. The instructors are friendly but the management make you feel like :mad: and not welcome, booking for flights is a nightmare always HAVE to be on their backs and alot of cancellations (besides weather). All i can say good about this place is the commercial theory class excellent ground instructor whom deserves better, so if your thinking about starting at awa my adive from first hand is to do it somewhere else and just do your commercial theory there.:ok:

nastyevil110
25th May 2009, 11:14
Take my advice dont go to australia at all you would be regreting not a good place for training go some where else but do yourself a favor never ever do any kind of flight training in australia rest is up to you, you will paying 8 times more than the qouted price before joining......so many other good places but no to australia it is up to you.............

pilot1991
29th Mar 2010, 20:59
Please whatever you do...do not go to Australian Wings Academy

The school fills you with lies...AWA is self distructing...all they care about is Air Asia cadets..if your not one of them they couldnt care less..however they do when it comes to paying them!

Who do you think is going to get priority when you want to book a flight? you (self funded individual, or an air asia cadet)...i'll leave that one up to you!

Air asia students are already 3 months behind schedule (despite the weather thats been happening) The school has never heard of the word "organize"

Also since I started flying there I have seen more than 15 instructors leave (most of them fired or got fed up with the school nonsense it creates) The school is on the brink of collapsing as the air asia contract will certainly been cancelled before the end of the year. Once that happens there will be very few people left as most of the self funded students have left as a result of the schools inability to book flights, and lacking customer satifisfation!

Karma is a b****! Please dont make the same mistake we (ex awa students have!). Anymore questions let me know

mohammad
5th Apr 2010, 14:58
Small jet... what small jet... Gunnedah.... what!! they have been talking about these things for ages, well probably a selling point for them. Total lies.

Lesson_Repeat
28th Apr 2010, 11:32
i am waiting from past 9 months to finish my flying , everyday listening to this **** they gonna buy jets , wonder if they call old second hand cessna's jets these days :P old poor international guys , getting ripped everyday .repeating flights ,over charging ,getting promised placements in Academy .lol a big joke :eek:.25 grand for MEcIR , it takes only 20 grands for 737 type rating ...poor instructors had to work like donkeys .every second day new rules , which make u pay more n more ...

mohammad
29th Apr 2010, 09:50
lesson repeat... please post your comment on "Australia - FLIGHT TRAINING OPTIONS" more viewers there that will see it!

Cheers
Mohammad:ok: