PDA

View Full Version : Re-validating CAA PPL

EIPCW
22nd May 2008, 17:32
My PPL is due for renewel in a few months so just wondering what exactly the CAA will require from me. I've got my 12 hours flying in the last 2 years with 12 take-off/landings also but do I need to be signed off by an instructor or will my log book showing this be enough?

Cheers

Shunter
22nd May 2008, 19:24
The 12 hours has to be in the 2ND year. What you did in the 1st is irrelevant. If you've got the 12 hours flown in your second year, you need a flight with an instructor aswell (an hour). Not a test, just a flight. Then get an examiner to fill in a form (which he'll send to the CAA), and he'll fill in your license.

RomeoDelta155
24th May 2008, 18:01
Does the hour with the instructor have to cover anything specific or can it be basically any instructional flight?

Do the examiners charge for signing off the paper work for the renewal?

Thanks

Romeodelta155

100hours
24th May 2008, 18:30
You have to do a full flight test with an instructor (excluding the cross country). This will include, stalls, incipient spin, forced landing, prec. landing, steep turns, flapless landing, possibly glide approach, etc.

But enjoy - it's fun and you always learn something new when you fly with an instructor.

Keygrip
24th May 2008, 19:52
EIPCW - you have *somehow* generated three very interesting answers to your totally impossible question.

The thread title says you want to REVALIDATE A PPL. That's one set of answers.

Your opening line (edited) says your PPL DUE RENEWAL (SHORTLY). That's an impossibility by definition.

Your next line suggests you have (AT LEAST! ) 12 hours total time in last two years - which in itself suggests you are talking about the class rating - and not the PPL.

Irrespective of the fact that this is very basic stuff that you should have learned by heart during your training, you are asking impossible to answer questions. It's difficult for us to help when you don't even understand your own question. Air Law via PPL Confuser was it - or regarded as "RAM/Dump" information?

What, exactly, are you trying to do? If you wish to switch to PM - and then to e-mail - I'll try and help guide you in the right direction (assuming the CAA have no objections).

Shunter
25th May 2008, 07:25
Since so many people confuse license with rating, and he went straight into emphasising his hours it seems that he's talking about his SEP rating.

I've never been charged, although I hear there are certain persons down south who want cash in their back pocket for the privilege of signing a form.

Providing you've got your hours in, the instructional flight can consist of anything at all. Any skills test you may have taken for another rating is satisfactory for this purpose.

I don't know where the full skills test as mentioned above comes into it, maybe a requirement in SA, but not in JAAland. If you let your SEP expire then yes, you need to do a skills test, but the SEP skills test is not the same as the PPL skills test.