PDA

View Full Version : Bristol_ground - ATPL DL

altag
22nd May 2008, 14:08
hi all -
i need some info -
i 'm studying the ATPL_theory with the ATPL_digital software provided me by the Bristol - ground school.
Looks really great ! -
but i noticed it is really summarizing and really essential.
i've some questions for someone who has already dealt with it :

1_ 'solely studying' with their software is sufficient to meet the goal of passing the examinations in a satisfactory way?
2_ or is it strongly advisable to study the subjects also with some definitive collections like Oxford_Jeppesen or Jeppesen_ATF, should be clear I 'm pointing up the questions about the main goal, to pass the exams, not aviation education in deep knowledge .
thank you very much -
bye

HappyFran
22nd May 2008, 14:46
Firstly I would like to point out that I am studying ATPL at a ground school, (not Bristol).
However having spent quite a time trawling lots of threads on this forum, I get a very strong favourable impression that the DL package from BGS is very good and should be more than adequate to pass the exams.
However if you are a bit geeky or really want to know your subject, which I would suggest is a good idea if you want to be as knowledgable as possible. If so then the likes of the OAA manuals take the subjects to the next level. From time to time I have seen them for sale on e-bay etal. This would make good bedtime reading..solve insomnia problem :eek::)

Capt Pit Bull
22nd May 2008, 15:25
I answered in the Italian forum.

pb

altag
22nd May 2008, 15:44
thanks a lot !
bye