PDA

View Full Version : Africa 2008

chrisdick
22nd May 2008, 12:49
Hello All,

I'm looking for some constructive feedback about the job opportunites in Tanzania and Botswana this summer. I'm looking to be going over in mid July. I'm aware of the vast quantities of past threads on the subject however I'm looking for up to date info from this year before I take the plunge. Are there more jobs or more pilots at the moment? Also is July a foolish time to go regarding job opportunities.

Thanks in advance

Africrash
22nd May 2008, 15:32
Hi Chris

At the moment in Tanzania, far more jobs than pilots, July will be fairly busy so most operators will prefer to recruit before then.

What total time and experience do you have, and what sort of job are you looking for?

Crash

hjmemon
22nd May 2008, 16:36
hi africrash.
i have 910 hrs with 610 instrctional, FAA CPL/IR single and multi with instructor ratings.
also have CAA pakistan CPL/IR and frozen atpl.
can you tell me which jobs are available in tanzania.
waiting on ur reply,

Soap Box Cowboy
22nd May 2008, 20:06
Hmmm let's see, with your experience, there are Seneca's, ATR-42's, 206's, Let-410's and vans that need pilots. What are you keen on flying and what are your expectations?

hjmemon
22nd May 2008, 20:48
as long as it is an aircraft, i wont mid flying anything,,,,,would like to buils turbine time though.
have pm you my email id.
thanks

chrisdick
23rd May 2008, 08:11
Africrash

Thanks for the response. Ive 220 hours TT with 42 multi engine. I'll be hoest with you I'll take any flying job at the moment - just wanna get my hours going in the right direction!!! Is that gonna hold me back? Unfortunately I'm unable to get down sooner which probably means I will wait for a month or two to get started but then that will give me the time to get the licence conversion - thats my thinking anyway!!!