PDA

View Full Version : Radiotelephone license

GrkPilot
21st May 2008, 22:25
Does the FAA radiotelephone license count in Europe? It is issued by the FCC in America. If not what can I do to get the radiotelephone license of the JAA??

Thank you.

IRISHPILOT
21st May 2008, 22:36
Yes, the FCC licence is a must if you use your FAA licence privileges anywhere outside US airspace, any RT licence must match the state of issue of your licence.

There is no JAA RT licence, however a few JAA member states decided to do their own thing outside the JAA, so for a JAA UK licence, you need a UK RT licence, same for Slovakia.

Really depends on what licence you want to use. cheers IP

GrkPilot
21st May 2008, 22:46
Does Greece have this? One of the airlines is hiring and they ask for a RADIOTELEPHONE CERTIFICATE, will my FAA be good enough?

IRISHPILOT
23rd May 2008, 08:28
What licence do you have? If it is a job using your FAA licence, then the FCC RT licence is fine. If it is a JAA licence, then that is fine too, Greece does accept a JAA licence without the RT licence.

Just tick "yes" and show them the FAA one, should be fine. - I don't know if Greece has their own, non-JAR RT licence, but if needed by / for the company, you can always do it once there.

Hope you get the job! IP

GrkPilot
24th May 2008, 12:44
Thanks will look into it.