PDA

View Full Version : virgin atlantic LGW

Boniface
21st May 2008, 20:26
There seems to an increased amount of bad feeling towards Virgin especially with respect to flights to Orlando. Is there any sign of an update to the present fleet as I believe they are getting a little tired? If anyone wants to read about complaints see www.tripadvisor.com, search "virgin" seems a lot of present and future customers are concerned that Virgin no longer has the edge! I impersonally have flown many times with Virgin and cant praise their staff higher.

Also, can anyone update me on the new vroom facility at LGW, any pictures info etc?

Many thanks:)

VAFFPAX
25th May 2008, 14:54
From past experience the Orlando flights have always been different from the Heathrow flights to anywhere but Orlando. Friends of mine flew with VS to Orlando from LGW and were NOT impressed, no doubt because the old Premium Economy hadn't been retired yet. They switched back to BA on the next flight.

S.

Leezyjet
26th May 2008, 08:57
Is there any sign of an update to the present fleet as I believe they are getting a little tired?

The cabins have had a slight re-vamp of late in that the seat covers have been changed to spruce the cabin up a bit, but the IFE and the seats themselves are still the same.

Virgin are well aware of the problems with the LGW fleet being associated as having a lesser product than the LHR fleet and plans are in progress to address this. However as the industry is approaching the busiest time of year, and the +/- £10 million to re-furbish each a/c with new seats and IFE, as well as airlines falling by the wayside left, right and centre in the current economic climate - it isn't going to happen soon.

VS have aquired another A340-300 (currently being used by Etihad) to cover at LGW as and when the a/c do start to go in for re-furbishment, but this isn't going to be until year end at the earliest.

:\