PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions???

sparx007
20th May 2008, 21:37
HI all,

can anbody clarify on the points below???

1) what consitutes cross country flight time when hour building to meet CPL and IR requirements????

2) am i right in thinking you need 150 hrn total to commence CPL course and to get license issued you need 200 hours, 100 of which must be P1???? this means that the course can still be started prior to having 100 hrs P1 right????

ok 3) how long from completing CPL course does application have to be made....see....if i had 180 odd hours TT and 80 odd P1 after completing CPL course...could i wait and use the IR time towards the 200 hours and burn off the 20 hours P1 requirement later????

Any advice please let me know....

Sparx

Nashers
20th May 2008, 21:47
from what i understand or the system:

you can start the CPL on 150 hours total time only as i did the p1 done can be done at a later date.

i have taken cross country as flying from port to port- land aways insted if just in the circut etc..

the application should be made as soon as possable. however if like me your going through everything like CPL, ME, IR then providing you do them one after the other you can apply for them after finishing it all as its cheaper. reason for this is otherwise your ATPLS may expire and you do not want to do them again. cant remember the exact time frame though. there MAY also be a time limit on how long you can wait before having your CPL issued- not sure about that as well.

if im wrong anyone out there pls correct!

dwshimoda
20th May 2008, 22:03
Can't remember the exact requirements for CPL, but they can easily be found from LASORS - it's free, and you can download a copy here:

LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/LASORS2008%20(Bookmarked).pdf)

As for cross-country, I always though it was anytime when you left the circuit - for example I did practice navex's of two hours plus, covering over 100nm, but didn't land away.

Your school should also be able to answer all of this for you.

Good luck with it!

DW :ok:

Keygrip
21st May 2008, 03:32
Sparx,

Cross country for CPL is same as for PPL - you did that in air law, yes?

Application? CPL - same as any other licence as per Lasors and JAR-FCL.

Application? Class rating (if applicable), same as all class ratings as per LASORS and JAR-FCL.

Start course? Correct. You may commence with less than 100 hours command time - but absolutely no point in "burning" 200 hours then "burning" the extra 20 (per your suggestion). Use all the hours for professional training and practice BEFORE you are examined on those skills.