PDA

View Full Version : The CAA's campaign against the Rainforests

Mikehotel152
20th May 2008, 18:43
Well, they have a funny attitude to paper conservation!

I've now received three copies of my ATPL(A) exam confirmation letter, each with the same exam dates, times and durations, together with the ever helpful examination guide. The first letter arrived in April, then one at the beginning of May and another plopped onto the mat this morning. :confused:

At least we know what our licence fees are funding. :ugh::mad:

Mercenary Pilot
20th May 2008, 18:48
Ahhhh but you will find that when you get your licence, that your ratings no longer come on separate pages so you have to cut them neatly yourself and put them into the book. :ugh:

Shunter
20th May 2008, 21:47
Last time I sent in an exam application, they didn't bother sending me a confirmation at all! I called a week before the exams, they said they'd send it again, 3 dropped through the door, all on the same day!

The thing that gets me is the Belgrano restaurant. Staff get it cheapy cheap, yet we, the visitors (and the people who actually fund them) have to pay the "visitor" price which is half as much again.

And also... there seems to be a huge amount of people constantly loafing about drinking coffee on the "bridges" and browsing round the atrium streetmarket for hours on end (yes, I've sat there for hours killing time before a flight home). Nice work if you can get it. Call me old fashioned, but I have to graft for a living!

moona
21st May 2008, 06:59
I received 2x confirmations through the door yesterday. Will be checking that they havent charged me twice! :-s

geordiejet
21st May 2008, 08:23
Yeah - it owuld be great if they could use email/phone more. They do ask for an email address, and two phone numbers on all of the forms I've filled in.

Yet, whenever they have contated me regarding licences/confirmation of exams etc they always send it in the post. Not once have I recieved a phone call, or an email from them.

Using email would speed up the process of rectifying any problems. If they use the post, you are looking at up to a week to get things sorted.

And, think of all the trees, and money they could save on postage.

moggiee
21st May 2008, 15:34
It's OK - paper doesn't come from rainforests - it comes from sustainable, "farmed", softwood plantations (where the number of trees planted exceeds the number felled).

So relax.