PDA

View Full Version : Looking for F/O Bernard Jones, Meteor Nav.

Ewan Whosearmy
20th May 2008, 15:59
Gents (and Ladies)

I am trying to locate Flying Officer Bernard Jones, a Nav on 29 Squadron (Meteors) from 1957 to 1959, at which point he moved to 60 Squadron. I don't know where he went from then, or even if he is still alive.

My reason is simple: during one fateful sortie while on 29 Squadron, he and his pilot (Tommy Cody) had a double engine failure on take-off. TC is a friend of mine who, he maintains, owes his life to Bernard who pulled him unconscious from the wreckage when a post crash fire seemed almost certain. Tommy, now 86, had broken his back in six places. I have told Tommy that I would post this on his behalf, as he would dearly like to get back in touch with Bernard if possible.

I appreciate that this is a long shot given the time that has passed, but if anyone has any leads or info, please do PM me or post here.

Thanks in advance.

spectre150
21st May 2008, 06:39
My father was a Nav and although I know he had moved onto B(I)8s by 1958 he was on Meteor night fighters prior to that. I will mention the names to him and see if he can dig anything up from memory - I will send you a PM if he remembers the names,

Ewan Whosearmy
21st May 2008, 08:58
Much appreciated. Thanks, Spectre. :ok: