PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shui and Singapore

Lee
22nd Jan 2001, 06:33
Do you know that the Singpore Govt (big owners of SQ and Silkair) uses Feng Shui to increase business and safety. Likewise, the RSAF insignia on the planes have been changed four times to align with forces of Feng Shui.

Any one wants to add on, please do so.

Kaptin M
22nd Jan 2001, 07:23
Did you know that aircraft from Muslim countries have Qibla's installed to show the direction of Mecca at all times and places.

So what's your point, Lee, ot titan, or Gladiator?

Maybe that's why Singapore has had the economic growth, and has been the success it is.

Thank you for your observation.

PILLOW
22nd Jan 2001, 07:46
I think a lot of Christians wear the cross .

lee , gladiator, etc ......( sorry I dont know what to call you now . Can I call you by name instead of the various identities you have now assume )

Lee
22nd Jan 2001, 13:04
Pillow,

Yes, sure you can call me by my name - Lee.

My point is that over here (in Singapore), they rule by Feng Shui. If anything, goes wrong, they bring in a geomancer to change their luck. But they forget that there are pilots, who are humans who can make the difference.

Lee
23rd Jan 2001, 12:44
Let me give you guys out there a few examples:

In the early days of the Air Force, then known as Singapore Air Defence Command, (SADC) when they flew Hawker Hunters, BAC Strikemasters, etc, the roundels used by the SADC was borrowed from the RAF, except for the colour, it was red, white and red. When, the SADC suffered many air crashes, they changed the insignia to one reflecting the Lo Pan (a geomancer's compass for checking Feng Shui).

PILLOW
23rd Jan 2001, 14:13
Most pilots makes really good contribution . But the one that really make an impact on this site has split personalities and only seek to spread hatred and tell half truth or outright lies

Kaptin M
23rd Jan 2001, 16:11
YAWN :rolleyes: .....you really are scraping the bottom of your muck barrel, and it only further demonstrates your complete obsession with anything Singaporean, to have investigated this latest episode of mud slinging, so extensively.

You are one sick dude...go get some professional psychotherapy, before it consumes you completely.

Lee
24th Jan 2001, 00:27
Pillow and Kaptin M,

I think the ones who should go for professional psychotheraphy are both of you. Maybe, you both shouldn't be anywhere closer to the cockpit! Gong Xi Fa Cai, maybe you should check your Feng Shui, bad chi blowing into your house!

Sick Squid
24th Jan 2001, 02:20
Well folks,

I've checked with my nine goldfish and they agree with me; we think this one's ran its course, and doesn't seem to be heading anywhere... other than pointless abuse, that is. As it says at the bottom of the page...

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

If you want to discuss the uses and potential applications of Feng Shui in business then go ahead, but if you wish to insult each other then do it by e-mail or elsewhere. Please.

Happy Chinese New Year. No padlock just yet....

SS

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 23 January 2001).]

PILLOW
26th Jan 2001, 12:23
Just been to a Feng Shui master . You are right . There is a very bad Chi flowing through . It originates from the North East corner of the pacific . The geomancer calls it VAL . Its an evil wind that masquarades as a divine wind . Thats why lots of people got fooled .

You're trying to be just a little too clever Pillow. Sick Squid has given the warning and kept it light hearted and humorous - accept it and the guidance on what is policy elswhere on this forum. Attack the argument and not the writer.PPRuNe Towers

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 27 January 2001).]

Slasher
27th Jan 2001, 15:42
Feng shui is only about making pleasant suroundings. If the suroundings are pleasant youll think clearly with a more positive attitude and so make wiser decisions. Thats why adherants to this feng shui thing reckon youll create wealth and better "luck" with it.

Chi and sha chi and all that other nonsense is just another Chinese superstition and a popular pseudo-science among the Unwashed.

Lee
27th Jan 2001, 17:43
Pillow,

Better rid yourself of that bad chi, otherwise bad fortune will befall you. Best wishes and Gong Xi Fa Cai.

titan
28th Jan 2001, 00:59
If everyone would calm down here for a moment, there is actually an important topic here that should be discussed.
Aviation relies on facts. Aircraft fly not because some god waves a wand or someone wishes really hard, but because the laws of physics allow it to.
Keep religion/superstition and politics well away from aviation. Mix them together and people tend to get killed.

Slasher
28th Jan 2001, 08:35
I dunno titan. In feng shui its considered bad luck to have a spiral staircase in the middle of a room. When I was with SQ I flew 747-200s (which have a large spiral staircase in the middle of FC). Thought the whole thing was bullsh*t until one day in DXB I tripped and fell @rse over down the staircase (taking out the FE with me on the way down) and ended up as a mangled heap on the floor!

Lee
28th Jan 2001, 18:37
Well said Titan. To illiterate what Titan had said, I think people should keep Feng Shui out of aviation.

Chill
29th Jan 2001, 00:19
That's "re-iterate", not "illiterate" you "degenerate" ... ( http://smilecwm.tripod.com/cwm/silly.gif sorry, just kidding on the last bit).

You couldn't have Feng Shui in a aircraft even if you tried - straight lines everywhere! Just imagine a weavy aisle - wouldn't need in-flight turbulence to make the pax look like they've had a few too many.

------------------
Chill Out!

Lee
29th Jan 2001, 16:30
Chill,

Thanks, I really meant "reiterate" but didn't realise what I typed. Cheers.

PILLOW
30th Jan 2001, 08:15
Gentlemen
I just invested in a book on feng shui and spent last 2 days digesting it . I came to a conclusion Lee , who claim to be a 'Singaporean chinese ' doesnt know a thing about Feng Shui .

Feng shui is about location of a building relative to its natural surrounding and its layout on the inside . This is to maximise harmony for its occupants .

The author says a lot of it is commonsense . Eg a house next to a main street would hardly bring peace of mind and harmony to its occupants .

Similarly , a house should always face south . Reason , winter in China , sun is from the south and cold wind from the north .

So it looks like this thread is another one of those boring misinformation .

Btw , lee , you should read more into this feng shui thing . It is quite interesting . You should be able to get a copy in SEA or LAX

[This message has been edited by PILLOW (edited 31 January 2001).]

Speedrabbit
30th Jan 2001, 12:31
Pillow
Edited because it added nothing to the thread, bar abuse that is.

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 31 January 2001).]

Lee
31st Jan 2001, 21:02
Pillow,

Thanks for the recommendation, only that I don't believe in Feng Shui and I honestly believe that it should be kept out of aviation.

P.s. I believe airplanes fly on the principle of aerodynamics not Feng Shui.

PILLOW
1st Feb 2001, 09:22
Lee ,

For once I agree with you . A/c flys on aerodynamic .

Feng Shui is reserved for buildings and chinese businessmen

Lee
4th Feb 2001, 04:11
Dear Mr Pillow,

Not just all Chinese businessmen, but other races too, know an Ang Moh business who believes in Feng Shui.

Gong Xi Fa Cai Mr Pillow!

PILLOW
4th Feb 2001, 14:20
Obviously an Eastern Oriented Gentlemen !!!

Lee
8th Feb 2001, 19:12
Do you know that sometime in the 1980s, SIA changed the corporate logo, the white letters and the orange strip on the tail to reflect the Feng Shui elements?

PILLOW
9th Feb 2001, 07:58
Lee

You know its not true .

Lee
9th Feb 2001, 18:21
Dear Mr Pillow,

What's not true, the change or the Feng Shui?

Sunny
9th Feb 2001, 21:09
So how do the orange strip and lettering affect the feng shui?

Lee
9th Feb 2001, 22:44
Sunny,

Don't ask me, I'm no geomancer! Try asking the short man with a bad hairdo who appeared at the Press Conference at Changi I A for the SQ 006 incident!

Lee
10th Feb 2001, 07:57
Do you know that the pilot "wings" has also been changed before. The wings of today are diffrent from those wings of the 80s.

Lee
11th Feb 2001, 06:51
I am referring to the SIA's pilot wings.

PILLOW
11th Feb 2001, 12:11
Lee
You seems to have made a sweeping statement which is incorrect , than claim you dont know a thing about feng shui . Then you go on and on and on .
You will probably say next than SIA change to B744 because the winglet is better feng shui .

Why dont you read a book on feng shui .

[This message has been edited by PILLOW (edited 12 February 2001).]

Lee
11th Feb 2001, 15:51
Dear Mr Pillow,

I said "I don't believe in Feng Shui..." in my earlier posts. What I do know is that the changes made by SIA mamagement was an attempt to "harmonise" the elements with Feng Shui.

My point is, Feng Shui should be kept out of aviation, so thank you for recommending me a book on Feng Shui, but I don't believe in Feng Shui.