PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training.

ŽOS
18th May 2008, 17:38
Hi guys!

I just want to ask you if there are someone here going to Orlando Flight training for the ProPilot course next October/December?

And of course are there someone here that have some experience with that school? Do you have some advices for us, the noobs ;)

Capt Loop
18th May 2008, 22:14
After flying with them I will NEVER go back there again.:mad:

I last hired one of the aircraft over a year ago and now use Sunstate Aviaiton for rental. I mean a new 172 with G1000 cockpit for the same money as OFT.........

The airplanes all need serious maintenance. I hired a warrier and in the morning it had no oleo extention. I complained that it it was low and a little unsafe. After an hour a maintenance guy topped up the nitrogeon, I enquired that I had 5 landings I wanted to do today. He said it would be fine. After my first landing away it was so low again so I returned back to OFT and complained. I booked another airplane the following day. I saw the Warrior being used the next day with a "1cm" extension.....:ugh:

OFT have had so many incidents at Kissimmee airport that all their instructors had a meeting at the FAA FSDO in Orlando. It was a very quiet day at Kissimmee airport last week..

You only have to fly around Florida to hear what other FBO's think of OFT. As a Brit I am always asked where I am from and what airplane I am flying and from whom. They always have BAD things to say about OFT. And it is usually maintanance and poor management.

Read the forums and you will see what the general comments are about OFT. I could go on and on as I had a bad experience with them.

Good luck in what you are trying to achieve.

leeds 65
18th May 2008, 22:38
OFT does get its fair share of abuse.However all schools arent perfect.If you go to OFT and keep a low profile,dont party much and work your brains out nearly 7 days a week than you can do the whole JAA pro pilot course in 11 months.Just get on with it,i encountered a few problems that i wouldnt even bother complaining about.overall i had a positive experience and the management were quick to deal with complaints.maintenance was not THAT bad too.:ok:

Good luck

ŽOS
19th May 2008, 00:10
thank you guys :)

.....i hope i get back alive :8 hehe

gillinn
19th May 2008, 01:59
Are you definetly going to OFT?

Žaš er erfitt aš velja į milli skólanna žarna ķ flórķda ;)

ct2003
19th May 2008, 19:05
@leeds:

11 months - they advertise 9 months for the entire pro pilot program :eek:

civil aviation
19th May 2008, 20:16
It is wise to discount, or ignore, criticism from competitors- they have an obvious financial interest.
Capt. Loop's own comments on OFT are, however, fairly specific and appear to be based on genuine and bad experience. If true, OFT seems to have some problems which should worry any potential customer.

leeds 65
19th May 2008, 20:43
They advertise 45 weeks for the JAA pro course.
And think about it how in the hell can you get it all done in 9 months,if the GS is 6 months.You could do it in 9 if you did your ir or cpl during the GS and thats risky.

Faa ppl takes about 5-6 weeks,GS 6 months ( combined with hour building on the weekends,that is CRUCIAL),Faa ir 6 weeks,JAA cpl 3 weeks.xmas holidays etc etc,weather delays etc

At least 10.5 or 11 months.

GREAT COURSE.just keep a low profile and dont be a winger:ok:

benish
19th May 2008, 23:12
Can I ask guys, do the OFT aircraft have GPS in them?

I plan to go to FL to hour build and some places have GPS in each aircraft. Do I need this, should I use it?!

nosher
20th May 2008, 18:30
I can't advise you enough!! I would be very careful of training with OFT. I accept NO school is perfect,but there are schools that you can go to and be pretty sure that there are going to be problems. I spent over 5 months in the place doing Hour building/JAA CPL&ME.
I have alot of time and respect with the current CFI...but buyer beware of the rest of them!!

PM me if you want my full expierence with them-I dont feel posting it up is going to help anyone.

If you do go in the end-best of luck-and send my regards to that spoofer with the 4 gold bars and just a PPL.... JP!!!!

leeds 65
20th May 2008, 18:35
Yes some of the aircraft have gps in them,use it ALL THE TIME!:D

Capt Loop
21st May 2008, 21:13
The G1000 equipped 172's have GPS. (at a cost)

The basic warriers or Cessnas dont.

I would suggest a GPS for the navigation as it will help and if anyone wants .GPX file of all Florida airports and waypoints then PM me with your email address.

It will work on most Garmin and some handhelds.

Shipsmate
22nd May 2008, 13:53
I FI for OFT. It's an excellent outfit for the JAA stuff. - Anyone on here know about the German Flight Academy in Moenchengladbach? I have been offered a job as an FI?

bandit750
25th Jun 2008, 01:33
The 9 months advertised on OFT web site is a pure joke.

PPL in 6 weeks only on OFT management dreams

The condition of the aircrafts are extremely bad.............constant maintenance problems.........

Very questionable accounting practices..............I haven't met a single student that has not have problem with their account............keep a eye wide open.

the managment smile at one another and then the back-stabbing begins . i have seen this behavior on regular bases.

its my advice to read on. All the critics cant be wrong.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :=:=:=:=

BigGrecian
25th Jun 2008, 03:07
I plan to go to FL to hour build and some places have GPS in each aircraft. Do I need this, should I use it?!

Every CPL student I've ever studied/flown with who used GPS during hour building, without exception, ended up requiring repeats at navigation during subsequent courses.... :eek:

I personally believes it leads to a rapid loss of situational awareness at such a critical time in your flying career to date.