PDA

View Full Version : A trip into France - question!

Finals19
17th May 2008, 15:20
Quick question about going over to "La belle France"...

I understand that we need to file a VFR flight plan at least 60mins before, this being sent to LATCC by fax. I have also been reading the French SIA website, and all airports with customs facilities require 60 mins PNR (normally) to notify the Police Nationale etc of your international arrival. Clearly the destination airport gets a copy (and therefore notification of your arrival) of the flight plan, but do they automatically notify customs or is that your responsibility? I know its all pretty automatic at Le Touquet, but elsewhere?

Is there any paperwork (French paperwork) that needs to be faxed directly to the customs unit at the arrival airport?

BackPacker
17th May 2008, 16:18
Customs normally doesn't receive flight plans so submitting one doesn't count as prior notice. Technically you can put something like RMK/ADCUST (for "advice customs" - but you've got to look the exact abbreviation though) in the plan but what I've heard is that it doesn't always work either.

Also, if the airfield is uncontrolled, don't assume automatically that whatever ATC facility will be on the field (A/G or AFIS) will receive your flightplan. Usually they don't.

Best is to phone the airfield up, give them your intentions and ask them to notify customs. And if you're unsure about the language, send them a fax.

skydriller
18th May 2008, 10:55
I have also been reading the French SIA website, and all airports with customs facilities require 60 mins PNR (normally) to notify the Police Nationale etc of your international arrival.

I think you will find that different Airfields require different notification periods to customs/police, which are written in the VAC of the particular airfield you are visiting in France. This could be anything from zero notice during the working day/week (ie just turn up, they are there) to 24hrs notice on the last working day before the weekend (which could be up to 72hrs). The VAC for all the airfields in France is on the same SIA website. There is usually a customs/police Tel/fax number for you to contact them.

englishal
18th May 2008, 13:20
This is from the L2K website:

During the opening hours of the Airport, the customs officers are on duty, enabling you to land and take-off without prior notification. Outside these hours, please contact us.

No ppr, controlled ground, circuit height : 1000 feet AGL

Jodelman
18th May 2008, 15:19
From the AIP for L2K:-

9 - Douanes, police / Customs, police : HOR ATS. PPR 2 HR avant / before ETA par / by :
- Email : [email protected] ou / or [email protected]
- FAX : 03 21 05 59 34
La demande de douanes doit comporter les renseignements suivants :
- Immatriculation de l’ACFT,
- Nom du CDB,
- Nom des PAX avec numéros de passeport ou carte d’identité.
The customs request must include the following informations :
- ACFT registration,
- Captain’s name,
- PAX names with passport number or identity card number

TotalBeginner
18th May 2008, 19:13
9 - Douanes, police / Customs, police : HOR ATS. PPR 2 HR avant / before ETA par / by :

But what does "HOR ATS" mean? Available during ATS hours of operation?

TotalBeginner
18th May 2008, 19:16
where are you planning to go? As far as I know, if you're arriving from the UK your first arrival in France must be at a customs designated airport. As others have said, the French SIA will tell you what notice they require.

Piper.Classique
18th May 2008, 19:26
But what does "HOR ATS" mean?It means horaires ATS, which translates as "when ATC is available"

Which you can get from the VAC (visual approach chart) which you get from the AIP ( the air pilot) on the SIA (french for aeronautical information service) website at http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/
Click on the union flag to get it in british......
abbreviations are hell, aren't they?
TTFN :)