PDA

View Full Version : Airframes and law exams

Slip up
16th May 2008, 12:13
I have 2 subjects left to complete for an ATPL distance learning course which are Airframes + Systems and Air Law.

All the other subjects I have taken I studied quite thoroughly and backed up with Bristol QB, but I am aiming to try and do these last 2 exams in July which sort of pushes me for time with work etc.

Would it be wrong of me to skim through both subjects and get a decent basic understanding of each subject and then hit the Bristol QB or would it be better to thoroughly study both subjects and leave less time for the QB. It appears that both subjects are both fact orientated unlike a few of the other subjects.

I can't quite decide but if anybody who has completed these two, if they could give me their opinion then it would be much appreciated.

:ugh:

Rugbyears
17th May 2008, 09:33
You still have sufficient time to complete your study in the conventional way. Despite this, if you are predetermined to follow one of those two methods, I would suggest you skim read the literature – this will at least make sure you have read the information, swiftly followed by heavy use of the Bristol QB.:ok:

Nashers
17th May 2008, 13:28
it is impossable to read law without falling asleep. just read both subjects once where as u understand what your reading and then hit the question back hard. i did that and was raly happy with my reasults. AGK is a bit more to understand so maybe a bit more reading time on that if you wish.

Dane-Ger
17th May 2008, 15:31
I can't speak for AGK as I'm in the middle of studying it, but I read the air law notes once, that combined with the brush up week and heavy use of the Q banks got me 93%. It took about a month from start to finish.

Air Law is one of the "facts and figures" subjects where the Q bank is an invaluable aid.