PDA

View Full Version : Expat upgrades at Vietnam Airlines

NineInchSnail
14th May 2008, 14:54
hey Folks,

I am more and more tempted to apply for the A320 contact job with Vietnam Airlines. But I would like to have some feedback first from insiders.

1) Parc claims they had recently a few FOs upgrading to captains, is this just because they were lucky or is that something VN will have to do more in the future due to the lack of experienced pilots?

2) Is there a chance to upgrade in the future on A330 or 777 after spending some time in the left seat of A320?

3) For those who know what are the T&C for Captains on the A320, A330 and 777?

4) Finally, do you guys are pretty happy there, and would you see a long term "relationship" with VN?

Thanks a lot for those who will share some info.

Cheers

jumpdrive
15th May 2008, 06:08
1) YES f/o's do upgrade, regardles of nationality, also skippers from ATR jump to the 'bus, no mistery or bull****, if its your turn youll go if you do well of course, zero crap like in other places

2) youl stay in the 320 thats your contract, or if yours says other wise

3) just nock the door of parc, rishworth or europacific, they will give you a copy of draft, its not hard, surf the web!

4) in general; people are happy living & working here (pretty happy like you say....dont know), its very relaxed, working patterns & OFF days are easy to coordinate with roster ladies, no one messing around with you, some have been here for 2 years, some for 6 years and so on, but again , you can come here and hate it , as simple as that, in my case i have no problem, long term relationship ; yes

NineInchSnail
15th May 2008, 23:39
cool, thanks...