PDA

View Full Version : Modular Jaa Cpl At Gestair Spain?

mikeEGNT
13th May 2008, 22:36
Hi guys,

I'm looking at many options to complete my JAA CPL and i have been recently looking at Gestair. I completed my ATPL theory in the UK and they have confirmed that the CAA accepts there professional training and that i can just simply convert licence on my return to the UK?

Is this true just to check, and if anyone has been to this establishment advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

acuba 290
14th May 2008, 00:57
what do you mean with convert licence? You want convert spanish JAA CPL into british JAA CPL? But it is impossible, as it is same thing and spanish CPL skill test requires you to have ATPL thery exams done in Spain, and UK CAA not accept spanish CPL skill test for licence issue in UK. Or am I wrong, guys?

IRISHPILOT
20th May 2008, 07:33
Who has confirmed that they will accept the Spanish training? You need a letter from the UK CAA confirming this, otherwise you may end up having to do the whole lot again. - If however you want a Spanish issued JAA CPL, you need a letter from the Spanish CAA accepting your UK JAA ATPL theory in lieu of the Spanish equivalent.

There are no conversions between JAA countries now, but you can change the state of licence issue.

A totally different matter for any rating (IR, ME, TR, etc) which can be done with any JAA CAA and added to any JAA licence.

cheers IP

peter knapp
20th May 2008, 14:46
You are correct that the Spanish CAA will not recognise UK theory. Gestair also operate from Portugal and use the Portugeuse CAA, who will accept UK TK. So no problems getting your JAA CPL/IR with Gestair with UK TK.

All will change, hopefully, in Spain next year when EASA finally take over FCL from JAA