PDA

View Full Version : Crewing Interview

melvino6
13th May 2008, 19:25
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and waow! there's so much information around !!!

Here I go... I have an interview coming up later this month for a major airline here in the UAE, "crewing" officer pos. :)

Well, I'm just wondering if anyone into crewing here could give me some tips/advice regarding the interview, I've looked around but couldn't find anything up to date.
I have no idea about the interview itself, as I was only given a positive reply after initial screening, invitation for interview and no other info...!
May I precise that I have no previous experience into Crewing, so I'm also actively looking for reading material!

Hope to hear from someone soon, I enjoy reading this forum :ok::ok::ok:

Cheers !!!

Mel

Inspecthergadget
16th May 2008, 06:48
Hello Mel

Well done for getting to the interview stage to be a crewing officer. My advice to you is just to be yourself and treat the interview as a 2 sided information exchange.

As far as i am aware there is very little reading material out there on the highstreet relating to the job i do and you are trying to get into. You could try dropping in such terms as FTL (Flight Time Limitations) & FDP (Flight Duty Period).

One thing i would do though is to research the company rather than the job but if you're really keen go find yourself a pilot to talk to and ask him/her about the subject.

Good luck!!!

melvino6
17th May 2008, 18:46
Thanks for your advice and precisions "Gadgetoman".:ok:
I'm getting familiar with FTLs and FDP calculation, as a newbie I believe they will try to know more about my ability to work in a quite stressful environment and stuff like that, but who really knows...
I will tell you more after the interview!!!! :hmm::8:hmm:

Mel

leisurelad
17th May 2008, 20:36
Hi Melvino6,

Well done for getting to the interview stage, especially with no experience. Crewing was one of the best jobs i ever had. If you like problem solving and juggling 10 things at once then this is a great path to go down. You will make a lot of friends with the crew but can also make some enemies (always get one crew memeber who thinks they own the company).

It can be very satisfying too, especially when you have a mad day when everything goes wrong, you have 2 aircraft tech, crew rapidly running out of duty hours and standby crew is running thin, to work as a team and bring it all together and see the end result is great and after a 16hr day because all hell has broken loose, you will go home feeling exhausted but satisfied. You have to be company minded if your working in crewing as it is you and the team that keep things going, without the crew, no flight and its your job to watch and monitor crew movements.

Below is alink to CAP371 which it says is still valid (this is for uk based crew so may differ if you in the UAE) it looks very daunting but break it down piece by piece and it will slowly make sense. It will give you an idea into the legality side of things when it comes to crew hours etc and rostering. Each company will have their own version of this document but this is kind of the minimum requirements to remain legal although as i say, each company will have their own procedures and more often then not, the system does it for you but you still need to have an understanding of how it all works. The company would provide training for this anyway.

http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=22

Hope the above helps and let us all know how you get on.

Good Luck :ok:

Roster Change
19th May 2008, 10:09
Which Airline ???