PDA

View Full Version : SIA KrisFlyer Question

Aerofoil
13th May 2008, 00:41
Hi all just a quick question. I'm just filling in the online form to join Krisflyer (singapore airlines frequent flyer scheme) and a friend of mine told me to put that i'm a first officer as part of my name due to me flying for a star alliance airline, eg First Officer Joe Bloggs... However the site says to put your name as it appears on your passport. Now if i did put first officer would this cause any problems in the validity of the membership?

Many thanks

Foil

Load Toad
13th May 2008, 01:06
Are you a First Officer and / or is that your name and you just have weird parents? Just think about what bragging your job on a membership card says about you.....

Mr. International Trade and Ceramics Expert & Occasional Writer Load Toad

Aerofoil
13th May 2008, 01:28
That is true and in answer to your question yes i am a first officer for a star alliance partner airline, thus the reason for putting it on there.

I'm not trying to come across that way...i'm just looking for a way to make up for lack of miles! :E
And it's hardly bragging is it! :ugh:

I know that friends of mine get automatic upgrades with their partner airlines due to the check in staff seeing they are flight crew on their screen. This was my friends reason for saying to stick it on the card. :(

Are there any flight crew who have done a similar thing here?
Before the nit pickers point out this is the SLF forum...pilots are SLF sometimes too! :ok:

Load Toad
13th May 2008, 04:45
I can understand what you are trying to do and alls fair in love and upgrades but it does sound a bit naff.

Rush2112
13th May 2008, 05:00
I think it wants your name as in the passport so that when (if) you go to book flights on line or check in on line their system can autofill the information for you.

If you put First Officer Joe Bloggs, it may screw their system up.

It must ask for occupation somewhere, so long since I filled it in(!) but frankly if you have not got minimum PPS level qualification, upgrades are few and far between on SQ. I heard somewhere that they have 40,000 PPS level members in Singapore, and keeping them happy takes a lot of effort.

Mind you, I once knew a guy in UK who upon qualifying as an Actuary, had his cheque book re-ordered with Fred Smith FIA as his name. And yes, they can be sad w@nkers...

Salusa
13th May 2008, 05:34
Mind you, I once knew a guy in UK who upon qualifying as an Actuary, had his cheque book re-ordered with Fred Smith FIA as his name. And yes, they can be sad w@nkers...

Indeed they can..

As stated above just stick to whats asked on the form. If you are plumbing for an upgrade let them know on check in who you are, though thats a bit eye rolling to IMHO.

Colonel Salusa Fanshawe Ramsbottom (Master Bilge Pump Attendent)

Gibon2
13th May 2008, 08:51
I can tell you from personal experience, you need to put your name exactly as it appears in your passport - the SQ computer booking system (both online and as used by their ticket agents) uses your KrisFlyer info and will refuse to cooperate if the name doesn't match exactly your passport. I had to get my KrisFlyer details changed 'cos I didn't include my middle name - which does appear on my passport...

point8six
13th May 2008, 09:49
Fill the form in exactly as it requires - Singaporeans take the first name as the family name, so unless you want to be referred to as " Mr.First", just do as it says. By the way, don't expect upgrades with SIA -they rarely do them and hardly ever accept staff from other airlines, even STAR alliance staff.

angels
13th May 2008, 11:03
Having lived in Singapore for quite a while, fully agree that you must do exactly what it says on the form. No more, no less.

You could change your name to David Robert. My father-in-law has those first names and when he used to come and see us he often got an upgrade because they thought the DR meant doctor.

He was always a little concerned that he would be expected to administer emergency surgery to a dying pax, but he was never called upon. :E

Salusa
13th May 2008, 11:51
You could change your name to David Robert. My father-in-law has those first names and when he used to come and see us he often got an upgrade because they thought the DR meant doctor.

Thats not fair, Im an MBA (Master Bilge pump Attendent).;)

Rush2112
14th May 2008, 04:45
Wandering off topic somewhat, I am reminded of the possibly apocryphal tale told to us green accountancy students about someone who changed their name to "Inlandi Revenuey", opened a bank account in that name and then intercepted cheques bound for those deserving fellows in the tax office. The point being be careful how your company requires its customers to make out cheques, of course.

SIA do give out upgrades, but rarely on long haul. I've had three this year between here, BKK and / or CGK. A mate once got from economy to First from Aukland back to Singapore, but he did have "Solitaire" status - what a result though!