PDA

View Full Version : flyglobespan-pula

creamegg
12th May 2008, 22:09
Hey there

Im off to Pula in july, flying from Edi on a 737-700 with flyglobespan. Is this a reasonably sized aircraft, how many passengers can it hold, is it fairly safe and are flygs any good, from what I can see they were the only carrier from Edi to Pula.

Ty :ok:

GSM SCOT
12th May 2008, 22:21
Is it fairly safe ? What Pula ?

Notso Fantastic
13th May 2008, 06:01
You're obviously a nervous passenger. Whilst I believe a certain amount of pandering to your fears are OK, there comes a time when nervous people must be told: 'either get your ass on the plane and don't make a fuss, or go by train/ship whatever'.

So here is the pandering bit. A -700 holds about 148 passengers. It is a good sized aeroplane, like an A380 with 550 passengers or a EMB170 with ......not very many. Globespan is a British airline and the aeroplane is on the British register. What makes you think it is not safe? I don't know what flygs are so I can't say if they are any good.

Now please, either conquer your nerves and get on the plane and enjoy your flight, or don't go, but seriously, what answer do you expect if you go around asking if they are 'safe'? Almost every day of our working lives is doing what nervous people freak about. Think about it. It's rather insulting to the professionals in this industry, who do tend to hang around here. If you decide to bite the bullet and go, please don't put on a performance- it is so painful.

So go break a leg.

Final 3 Greens
13th May 2008, 08:02
Notso Fantastic

This is the SLF forum and you are not a moderator, so why don't you reel your neck in a bit?

Cream Egg

Google Airline Quality Reviews for comments on flygs (I understand what you mean)

creamegg
13th May 2008, 09:42
Erm yes Notso Fantastic this is the part of Pprune that is especially for SLF so I am entitled to ask what I want and I wont be intimidated by you.

By the way I am NOT a nervous passenger, I just like my facts.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

radicalrabit
13th May 2008, 09:50
I just googles flygs out of curiosity and only came up with something in Swedish, which being Derbyshire born and bred was beyond me. Would you mind letting me in on flygs please?

gflynorw
13th May 2008, 11:36
The 737-700 you will be flying on is barely a year old - lovely inside, and generous legroom, leather seats etc.

Flyg are adsolutely safe, wouldn't be in the business if we weren't.

Delays, are inevitible in any airline it's just that flyg are always under the spotlight even if one flight is 5 minutes delayed.

hippotamus
13th May 2008, 12:00
I'd be more concerned about Pula airport. The last time I was there it was a tin shack with a canvas roof. Your luggage was thrown through a hole in the wall.
You were also greated by the Yugoslav airforce parked down the side of the runway :)

This was a few years agao but I will never forget the impression it made on me.

creamegg
13th May 2008, 18:54
Thankyou to all of you for the helpful replies :ok:

G-BPED
13th May 2008, 22:32
I just googles flygs out of curiosity and only came up with something in Swedish, which being Derbyshire born and bred was beyond me. Would you mind letting me in on flygs please?

FLYGS= FLYGlobeSpan. http://www.flyglobespan.com/