PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Related Degrees At Sa Universities

dynamicd
12th May 2008, 16:23
Greetings all,anyone informaton on SA universities offering aviation related courses on both undergraduate and graduate levels.I am more interested in programs which give credit to pilot license holders such as the ATP and flying experience.

Thanks in advance!:ok:

boyracer
13th May 2008, 05:53
UNISA were doing it , giving credit for ATP subjects , WITS might also do it:ok:

whiskeyflyer
13th May 2008, 07:21
Regarding Wits, if you are undergraduate (i.e. do not have degree yet) best you contact wits admissions
contact details on http://web.wits.ac.za/Prospective/Undergraduate/ContactUs.htm

if you already have a degree and want to do a post grad then different contacts. Wits did not recognise any of my flying/industry experience for a post grad degree (e.g. MEng, MSc, GDE). Had to produce a recognised degree and no extra credits given for flying, licences, misc. coarses such as Radio, CRM, Dangerous goods etc.

If you have the cash, try the correspondance coarses of uni's in the USA such as Embery Riddle, they recognise flying etc
www.erau.edu

Pitch&Fan
14th May 2008, 15:33
You may be interested in contacting Da Vinci, who offer a number of aviation courses from Diploma through to MSc / PhD level. This is a very dynamic institute, and you may be able to have your qualifications RPL'd for credits. All Da Vinci degrees are both nationally and internationally accredited.

You will be tutored by professors like Bennie Anderson, Bok Marais, Johann Coetzee, and Roy Marcus, who are all superb academics with a strong appreciation of the aviation industry. I am busy with a Da Vinci degree program, and am very impressed with the establishment.

You can contact (them) on [email protected], or 011-579 4439.

Good hunting!

dynamicd
15th May 2008, 08:55
Thanks all for your imputs i have contacted wits,davinci and erau by email.Will update you as soon as I get a response.see you on the flight deck somewhere.

AvEnthusiast
15th May 2008, 11:26
Hi dynamic,

please do so. it's of my interest as well.

Flyer14
15th May 2008, 20:12
Ditto! Thanks

The Con
16th May 2008, 06:00
Thanks Pitch n fan. Excellent info. City University also runs a few courses. Initial invitation to start the course is based on flight or aviation related experience. You have a 9 module course with pre mod classes in Dubai or london(av 3 days). Great lectures and Administrators. Draw back is the travel if you're working...

AvEnthusiast
18th Feb 2012, 11:16
Dear All,

I am a pilot and ATC guy, and have studied for 17 years without any degree, so had previous experience and studies in aviation, therefore, I applied to Embry-Riddle to have the credit trasnfered from previous studiess. The Foreign Credential Evaluation agencies assessed my records and found it equivalent to (Third year second semseter of Undergraduated Degree 85 credit hours), but however Embry-riddle is considering 33 credit hours. and probable they will consider some credit if validate my pilot licenses to FAA.
So do you think if I apply to any other university, I'll get more credits transferred or no it's going to be same for every university?

Thanks