PDA

View Full Version : BBMF over Windsor

Moldioldi
12th May 2008, 09:31
Approx 09.30 11th May glorious sound of six Merilins on approach LL on easterlies. I only caaught sight of the Lanc and Hurri breaking right abeam Langley. Anyone have any info on the reason for the flight. I know the was a Military Tattoo in the evenings follow the horse show in the day so assume there was a connection.:)

helicopter pat
12th May 2008, 12:10
There was a do on the Brocas in Eton, something to do with Dunkirk I think. Five merlins, Lancaster and Spitfire at about 11:30. It would have been nice to have the Hurricane there as Sidney Camm was a Windsor lad and went to the same school as me, Royal Free.
Pat

garibaldi22000
12th May 2008, 12:48
Funny, I live in Windsor & was certain that I heard the distinctive sound of a Merlin or two just before lunchtime. Although out of sight, the were on easterly roughly following the M4.
Anybody have any more news, please. ?
thanks

lippiatt
12th May 2008, 12:59
Twas the BBMF Lanc positioning for a magnificent flypast at the Runnymede ceremony - must admit mixing that with easterlie ops at LL must have been a real eye opener. The flypast did have class E status though which probably helped.

treblet
12th May 2008, 13:00
Widow's service at the RAF memorial in Runnymede I believe.
Live a couple of hundred yards up the road in Englefield Green, straight over our roof and then round for a second time. Made the kids day, and mine!

steamchicken
16th May 2008, 11:43
Saw them from my window in Egham; heard the Merlins, looked up, saw....a Lanc!