PDA

View Full Version : Australian to Indian Lic Conversion

Gearup2
9th May 2008, 11:40
I have been exploring the move to India, just not 100% sure what is involved in the LIC conversion?? (Australian to Indian)

Can anyone tell me what is involved?? (Approx time and cost)

Is there any Aussies pilots out there who have made this move?? I am lead to believe it is pretty popular!

Thanks

Gearup2

WIKI44
10th May 2008, 19:50
Hey! I am currently converting my aussie license to an indian one. A lot depends on your citizenship, which in turn will dictate the experience level required of you. Currently DGCA is not offering license validation to foreign FO's. Positions are however open for captains, from what I hear.
I'm an Indian citizen so the procedures is quite different from that which expats have to undergo. Try looking up info on other threads. There are also quite a few expat pilots working in India on pprune, so you can also try and contact them. good luck.
wiki44

Gearup2
11th May 2008, 03:14
Thanks WIKI44 I will have a bit of a look. Just curious did you do your training at YSBK in Sydney??

iamanaussiemavrick
11th May 2008, 04:45
Are you ppl from BASAIR???

WIKI44
11th May 2008, 07:01
Yes at YSBK. No not at Basair. Gearup2 are you an indian, aussie?

Gearup2
11th May 2008, 11:44
I am Aussie but I did do my training at YSBK. Do you guys have any contacts in India for the LIC conversion.... eg a flying school that caters for the LIC conversion??