PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted: Best VFR route to navigate around Paris from NW to SE

rmdr2
8th May 2008, 13:13
Hi folks

I am planning a VFR jaunt down to Burgundy in the next few weeks. Howevere there is the small matter of the horrendous Paris airspace in between me and the desired destination. Obviously I could give it a wide birth and add 20mins to the flight - but that would be admitting defeat.

I am pouring over the maps and trying to determine a good route from the NW to the SE without busting any airspace. If anyone has made that trip and could recommend a route/offer advice... would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

rmdr2

PlasticPilot
8th May 2008, 20:04
I flew a couple of times from London Area to Geneva, VFR. It's not as complex as what you plan. On one occasion getting within Paris airspace was the best option because of weather (FL65 on top of scattered layer). Seine information was helpful to get the clearance, and we had good co-operation.

Just as a reminder, doing it IFR is sooo easier...

Hope this helps

PP

Fuji Abound
8th May 2008, 22:12
The only issue is the military zone to the North of Paris - Creil, the zone is from SFC so either route around or request a transit - almost always forthcoming.

To the East there are no issues routing under the Paris TMA - not above 1,500 and nothing else to effect. You will not get a service, so dont expect one.

If you want to stay well clear route to CLM below 2,500 feet.