PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for ATPL/CPL/MEIR/MCC

AceD3
7th May 2008, 15:12
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but am finding many flying schools changing the rules, so thought I'd post on here for latest info...

Wanting to get into an airline flying an Airbus... :cool:

I've a JAR PPL (A) with approx 120hrs total time and approx 50hrs P1. I want to get a ATPL/CPL/MEIR and then go for a MCC and JOC.

I realise I'm currently 'under' hours, so have been considering a two week holiday in Florida for some hour building (approx 40hrs) and a Night Rating.

1. Anyone recommend a good school or another location/country please?

2. Also, can anyone recommend a country/flying school where I can get JAR ATPL training full-time and...do a JAR CPL/MEIR? Cost of course are always best kept to a minimum. :ok:

I have so far approached a school in New Zealand, to discover they don't do JAR and the conversion cost - approx £17k :eek:

I've also considered doing distant learning in the UK and staying with my current job, but...will take so much longer and besides, am normally brain-dead after work, so self-study would be a nightmare for me.

Am hoping to find a single location where I can do the whole works! Now that would be cool.

HappyFran
7th May 2008, 15:37
Here is a full list for you to trawl through :O

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Approved%20Organisations%20Doc%2031%20v85.pdf

Have fun.

Incidently I'm at BCFT in Bournemouth and can recommend them. But full list above just to be totally unbiased :hmm:

wbryce
7th May 2008, 15:48
For ME CPL/IR then add PAT in Bournemouth to your list of schools to consider! top notch school! they got me first time passes as well as the vast majority of all the other students attending during my time there.

For CPL license issue you need 100hrs P1 so ensure you finish your hour building around 96/97hrs...the minimum of 2 skills test will put you beyond 100.